Girls Trip - Which Deluxe Hotel?

NHKristy76

Senior Mousketeer
I'm planning a trip in August with my 10 yr old DD, her best friend 11, and her mom (who also happens to be my good friend.)

We know we want to stay deluxe... Can anyone recommend a hotel that would appeal to the girls and the moms? ;)

I have my ideas but am looking for your thoughts too!

TIA

BC & YC would appeal the most to 10 & 11 year olds because of Stormalong bay. There's a spa for the moms there, too.

Assuming the girls are still in the 'princess' stage, I personally would go with a monorail resort with easy access to MK which would be Poly, GF or CR.

We love the Poly! Huge rooms, great transportation options and awesome theme.

AKL is also awesome, especially if the animal theme appeals to you.

We stayed at YC this last August. YC is very convienient to get to EPCOT's IG and a boat to DS, but the bus service was horrible. Buses share with all EPCOT resorts and took forever to go anywhere. SAB is a wonderful pool and is great for taking a break during the August heat.

I would pick a theme that appeals to you, location and transportation options and go from there.

Yc and BWI are my favs you can walk to Epcot and hs beautiful grounds and rooms. We stay cl and its great

I think we're headed to Animal Kingdom Lodge although Beach/Yacht was a close second. But we can do club level with Arusha view for less than standard at YC/BC... And I've never stayed there so that's a huge plus!!!

I think Boardwalk Inn would be a good one! Lots of stuff to do on the boardwalk, always kind of exciting and walkable to Epcot. Also gives you the option to have some fun at night along with your friend/the other mother without being too far away from your kids.

Well, I don't think you can really go wrong :) But, my vote would be for a deluxe that you haven't stayed at yet. I think I would pick Yacht Club because of the pool, or Contemporary for the monorail.

I would stay at a deluxe resort that was on the monorail or near EPCOT. I don't care for having to use a bus to go everywhere. But I love the club level idea for the girls. Where ever you stay enjoy the time with your daughter.

artemis908 said:
I think Boardwalk Inn would be a good one! Lots of stuff to do on the boardwalk, always kind of exciting and walkable to Epcot. Also gives you the option to have some fun at night along with your friend/the other mother without being too far away from your kids.

Hmm. Would you leave your kids alone in a hotel room?

NHKristy76 said:
Hmm. Would you leave your kids alone in a hotel room?

No, and especially not at AKL. Many people stop by to view the lobby and animals and are walking up and down the third floor wings.

BC with the pool would be nice. If you're going to spend most of your time at MK then I'd certainly go with the Polynesian.

The Beach Club, for Stormalong Bay, easy access to 2 parks, and the feeling of luxury that permeats the resort.

Any of the hotels in the Epcot area. You can walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios, the YC & BC have a huge pool, and have fires and movies on the beach, volleyball games, and Cape May is delicious! The Boardwalk has a ton of fun things to do, shows day and night, and a nice big pool with a slide as well.

We have DVC "bases" as the Boardwalk Villas and Beach Club Villas and have stayed at both 14 out of the 16 times we have been - we usually have a group of at least 10 each time we go. I personally prefer the BC. If you get the right room you can see the fireworks from Epcot.

I'm planning a trip in August with my 10 yr old DD, her best friend 11, and her mom (who also happens to be my good friend.)

We know we want to stay deluxe... Can anyone recommend a hotel that would appeal to the girls and the moms? ;)

I have my ideas but am looking for your thoughts too!

TIA

I love the poly for the convenience and tropical feel. I would love to stay at AKL but it feels so far away from everything. Any of the Epcot Deluxe resorts have good access to both Epcot and HS and good restaurants.
Another thing to think about is the Epcot hotels (in my opinion) have a lot more going on (foot traffic, boardwalk entertainment etc). So if you would rather be at a quieter hotel then go for AK or Poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter