Girls Only Trip ~ Summer Exchange thread (Complete! Thanks ladies!)

mommaU4

DIS Veteran

*This is a thread for members (past and present) of the DIS Girls Only Disneyland trips.* :)

Hi ladies!
In an effort to further our friendships and keep up excitement for the trips, we have decided to do a group exchange! We actually will be doing three total; the first will be a "Summertime" theme, next some time in September we will do a Halloween theme, and finally in November a Christmas stocking theme, all leading up to the final exchange taking place at the Meet and Greet during the February trip (that theme to be determined).

Some of you are familiar with the exchanges done on the Exchange board of the DIS. If you are not, I will take a moment to explain it to you.

First off, it's entirely voluntary. Just a fun thing for those interested. For each exchange there is a minimum dollar amount that you must spend, which does not include shipping.

Once sign ups are complete each lady who signed up will receive the name of a person to exchange with. You will not be sending to the same person you receive from. Then the fun begins! Simply go shopping for items to send that fall within each particular theme, mail it out by the mail by date, and then wait for your package to arrive.

Each exchange takes approximately a month to complete from start (sign ups) to finish (all packages accounted for). Make sure you won't be on vacation during the shipping and receiving times. Remember to post on the thread when you ship your package out. Also post when and what, you receive your package.

~ Important information ~ Sign-ups will run now through Wed. April 22. Names will go out in PMs later on the 22nd, so please be available to check your messages that day.

Mail by date is Wed. April 29. PLEASE mail on time. If you cannot for some reason, please PM me and let me know.

Minimum dollar amount is $20. That does NOT include shipping costs, OR any freebies or extras should you choose to include those in the package.

OKay so here is the info for our first theme:
(sign-ups are closed!!)

SUMMERTIME!!
beach.gif

IF you are interested in joining, please PM me with the following information:

Name ~
Address ~
Email address ~
Are you able to be an elf if needed? Yes or No
Are you able to ship to Canada? Yes or No

What are your hobbies?
What summer activities do you like to do?
Do you like to cook/bake?
Favorite Disney character?
Any food allergies?
Is there anything that you really prefer not to receive?
*Feel free to include any additional information you think would be helpful to your person when they shop for you.

beachsmiley.gif

If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask here or send me a PM and I will happily answer them for you.
Beach.jpg

Oh man I would LOVE to participate in this but having JUST got home from my trip I am flat broke. I am DEF in on the next one though!!

Just a reminder, when you send your PM double check your address. We don't want any packages going astray. Thanks! :thumbsup2

Beth, I would love to do this...BUT, what if I can't make the next Dis Diva trip? I"m not sure I can because I'm not sure we can get new APs, if we can't then I will only be planning a trip with the fam......

Beth, I would love to do this...BUT, what if I can't make the next Dis Diva trip? I"m not sure I can because I'm not sure we can get new APs, if we can't then I will only be planning a trip with the fam......
Hang on, let me send you a PM. :thumbsup2

*This is a thread for members (past and present) of the DIS Girls Only Disneyland trips.* :)

Hi ladies!
In an effort to further our friendships and keep up excitement for the trips, we have decided to do a group exchange! We actually will be doing three total; the first will be a "Summertime" theme, next some time in September we will do a Halloween theme, and finally in November a Christmas stocking theme, all leading up to the final exchange taking place at the Meet and Greet during the February trip (that theme to be determined).

Some of you are familiar with the exchanges done on the Exchange board of the DIS. If you are not, I will take a moment to explain it to you.

First off, it's entirely voluntary. Just a fun thing for those interested. For each exchange there is a minimum dollar amount that you must spend, which does not include shipping.

Once sign ups are complete each lady who signed up will receive the name of a person to exchange with. You will not be sending to the same person you receive from. Then the fun begins! Simply go shopping for items to send that fall within each particular theme, mail it out by the mail by date, and then wait for your package to arrive.

Each exchange takes approximately a month to complete from start (sign ups) to finish (all packages accounted for). Make sure you won't be on vacation during the shipping and receiving times. Remember to post on the thread when you ship your package out. Also post when and what, you receive your package.

~ Important information ~ Sign-ups will run now through Wed. April 22. Names will go out in PMs later on the 22nd, so please be available to check your messages that day.

Mail by date is Wed. April 29. PLEASE mail on time. If you cannot for some reason, please PM me and let me know.

Minimum dollar amount is $20. That does NOT include shipping costs, OR any freebies or extras should you choose to include those in the package.

OKay so here is the info for our first theme:

SUMMERTIME!!
beach.gif

IF you are interested in joining, please PM me with the following information:

Name ~
Address ~
Email address ~
Are you able to be an elf if needed? Yes or No
Are you able to ship to Canada? Yes or No

What are your hobbies?
What summer activities do you like to do?
Do you like to cook/bake?
Favorite Disney character?
Any food allergies?
Is there anything that you really prefer not to receive?
*Feel free to include any additional information you think would be helpful to your person when they shop for you.

beachsmiley.gif

If you have any additional questions, feel free to ask here or send me a PM and I will happily answer them for you.
Beach.jpg

I'll be in on the Halloween exchange. It's my favorite holiday.:hmghost:

Oooohhh Thank You Beth for organizing this.. I appreciate the time You have put into this and all the things you so graciously do for the girls only group:hug:

I am soooooooooOOOOooooo *In*!:yay:

Thanks Beth, I'm so in............I need to PM you with the info you need! :)

Glad to see so many ladies on board already. :banana: (12 signed up so far!!)

For those of you who've asked what an elf is in your PMs, I'm sorry I forgot to clarify that and will now.

An elf is what we call it when you are willing to send out another package if need be. Occasionally someone will sign up for an exchange and then for one reason or another not send out their package.
Obviously we don't want anyone to be excluded and not receive something, so in that instance we'd ask one of the ladies who volunteered to be an elf to send something out. If there are no elves then it is the responsibility of the host to send something out, but rest assured no one will ever go without a package. :thumbsup2

Hope that helps. :)

One more word of caution that I'd like to mention.

I know you ladies all love to shop. :rolleyes1 And there is a $20 minimum that everyone is expected to spend on their package. Beyond that, it is up to each person if they want to include extras or freebies for their person. It is not required.

All I ask is that if you do include some extras please keep it simple. I know it's easy to get caught up in the shopping. I've done it myself. ;)
BUT the purpose of this exchange is to have fun! The last thing we want is at the end to have someone feeling as though they didn't send out a "good enough" exchange. kwim? It's not a competition, just a fun way to keep in touch.

Thank you. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter