Girls-Only Trip *OLD thread* Please see link to new thread in 1st post, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DisDivas2010033.jpg

Ahhhh, now it feels like home!

I did boil it in water and Guinness, but I'm really in it for the meat and potatoes. I actually poured some of the meat juices over the cabbage and served it in the same chafer as the corned beef.

And I steamed carrots, but not too many people ate them. :confused3

Mmmm, why not glaze the carrots in brown sugar (and guiness?)

And yes, LOVE the pic!

Meredith, awwww that sounds sweet (the dance) how cute! Glad you had fun and from this Irish gal, Happy St. Pat's!! :)

It was really sweet! And surprisingly fun. I'm not Irish at all!

Am I the only one that doesn't like corned beef & cabbage and boiled potatoes? A blander meal I cannot imagine.

I haven't always liked corned beef, but I learned about rubbing it in mustard. YUM. Cabbage is delicious. I prefer the straight cabbage because it's not as sweet. Guinness-cooked corned beef sounds AMAZING too.

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I want to see some pics.

I have pictures AND videos of the dancing! They are outstanding.

Instead of boiling the potatoes, I roasted them with some olive oil, garlic, rosemary and s&p. So yummy!

Where's the slobbering-all-over-yourself smiley?? Do you know where Cambrian Plaza is? I'm sure you've been to Cambrian Bowl before, right?? Well in the summer/fall time they have a farmer's market there on Wednesday nights. I go there each week to get a fresh and steaming corn on the cob rolled in butter, but also there's a Rotisserie Chicken truck that is amazing. At the bottom, they have roasted rosemary potatoes that get all the dripping deliciousness from the chicken. Half a chicken and a box of potatoes is about $6 I think.

Why haven't I had lunch yet??

It was really sweet! And surprisingly fun. I'm not Irish at all!

I haven't always liked corned beef, but I learned about rubbing it in mustard. YUM. Cabbage is delicious. I prefer the straight cabbage because it's not as sweet. Guinness-cooked corned beef sounds AMAZING too.

I have pictures AND videos of the dancing! They are outstanding.

Where's the slobbering-all-over-yourself smiley?? Do you know where Cambrian Plaza is? I'm sure you've been to Cambrian Bowl before, right?? Well in the summer/fall time they have a farmer's market there on Wednesday nights. I go there each week to get a fresh and steaming corn on the cob rolled in butter, but also there's a Rotisserie Chicken truck that is amazing. At the bottom, they have roasted rosemary potatoes that get all the dripping deliciousness from the chicken. Half a chicken and a box of potatoes is about $6 I think.

Why haven't I had lunch yet??

Yum!!!!!!! I've never been to that farmer's market, but I live less than 10 minutes from there. I'm at Blossom Hill and Camden. I'l be checking it out when it opens again for sure!

Jane, I will be sending you my votes soon!

Thankyou!! :hug:

Hi everyone. :wave:

I just said goodbye to most of my visiting family. Had 20 over last night for dinner, and had most of them over again for the leftovers today. Now it is quiet again. My oldest sister is the only one left now, and she is staying at my Mom's.

Now I need to catch up and vote. :thumbsup2

Yum!!!!!!! I've never been to that farmer's market, but I live less than 10 minutes from there. I'm at Blossom Hill and Camden. I'l be checking it out when it opens again for sure!

I love night farmer's markets. Especially that one. I can get home from work, ride my bike over there(it's a short ride), grab dinner, and get bags of peaches, pluots, and apricots. I can't wait for it to start again.

EDIT: I just looked it up and it starts May 5th. I'm thinking Farmers Market Mini Meet!

Anyone ever had garbage to throw away, so you walked over to your garbage can to throw it away, and realized that you had forgotten to bring the garbage that needed to be thrown away with you to the garbage can?

Apparently when they said drugs kill brain cells, that also includes NyQuil? :confused3

Anyone ever had garbage to throw away, so you walked over to your garbage can to throw it away, and realized that you had forgotten to bring the garbage that needed to be thrown away with you to the garbage can?

Apparently when they said drugs kill brain cells, that also includes NyQuil? :confused3

:rotfl:

I love night farmer's markets. Especially that one. I can get home from work, ride my bike over there(it's a short ride), grab dinner, and get bags of peaches, pluots, and apricots. I can't wait for it to start again.

EDIT: I just looked it up and it starts May 5th. I'm thinking Farmers Market Mini Meet!

Great idea!

:rotfl2:

Is there a reason we can't start earlier in Feb.? My preferred dates would be the first or second week of Feb, (away from President's day, away from Easter)

Here are the first two weeks of Feb. if people would like to add them for consideration.

Feb. 3-7 (Chinese New Year)
Feb. 10-14 (Valentine’s Day)

I had skipped them originally due to Valentine's and knowing that many people are still playing financial catch up from the holidays. But, if the group consensus is that people would like to consider them, then have at it.

Thanks to those of you that have already gotten me your dates. I am happy to see how flexible everyone is willing to be, and I think that this is going to be a great trip (as always)!

I'm good with either of those weekends.

I don't see why you need one day to remember how much you love your SO. Shouldn't that be every day? :confused3

I don't see why you need one day to remember how much you love your SO. Shouldn't that be every day? :confused3

Spoken from one who isn't married, and therefore doesn't know that it is a great opportunity to get lavished with attention because the entire media world is reminding said husband that it would be a very good idea to rmember your wife with diamonds & jewels (or candy & flowers) or at the very least a card and a kind word with maybe a dinner out. Really, it's nearly as good as Christmas! ;)

That being said, I don't think my hubby would mind if I went away that weekend. He knows I love him AND it would be the supreme sacrifice and therefore the perfect valentines gift for him to let me go on a girls weekend. Since that could be his gift to me,it would get him off the hook for that awkward Valentines gift.(Jewelry, candy, a useless knick knack?) A happy wife and no shopping involved. What else could a guy want? There are always ways to spin it! ;)

That being said, I don't think my hubby would mind if I went away that weekend. He knows I love him AND it would be the supreme sacrifice and therefore the perfect valentines gift for him to let me go on a girls weekend. Since that could be his gift to me,it would get him off the hook for that awkward Valentines gift.(Jewelry, candy, a useless knick knack?) A happy wife and no shopping involved. What else could a guy want? There are always ways to spin it! ;)

Actually, your spin should be that YOUR GIFT TO HIM is that you are out of town that weekend so that he doesn't have to take you out on a very busy day but can take you out later when it's not so busy and he can shop at a jewelry store "AFTER" V-day when prices might drop . . . . .!

Is it bad that I thought of us Diva's in pink shirts when I saw this today?

032-3-1.jpg

Actually, your spin should be that YOUR GIFT TO HIM is that you are out of town that weekend so that he doesn't have to take you out on a very busy day but can take you out later when it's not so busy and he can shop at a jewelry store "AFTER" V-day when prices might drop . . . . .!

My hubby's too smart to fall for that. But he would let me go on the weekend trip. :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter