Gift Cards

SandyinMonterey

DIS Veteran
Are Visa AND Disney gift cards accepted on DCL? Can you pay for something such as a drink or does everything you buy go on your account? In that case, can the gift cards be used at the end of the cruise to settle account? P.S. Also thinking of pre-paying gratuities. If that is on our cruise account, can that be paid with gift cards too?

All the drinks you purchase will get billed to your cabin. You can have the cards added to your account when you board or later in the cruise and yes you can use them for the gratuities.

You can use gift cards at guest services to pay down your bill, but you run the chance of waiting too long and they bill your credit card. You are also able to buy a onboard credit a head of time with disney gift cards and any unused amount t is refundable.

As described above, all onboard purchases will be charged to your room account. You can go to Guest Services and apply gift cards and credit cards toward your account,

The only places onboard that may accept Disney Gift Cards are the shops. You can also use gift cards and credit cards to purchase placeholders for a future cruise. Placeholders (and actual future cruises, if the ability to book those onboard returns) can’t be charged to your onboard account.

Everything including excursions and shop merchandise is charged to your stateroom. TIP ONE: As stated, you can use the gift cards and Disney gift cards at guest services. PLEASE NOTE: if you use a visa/MC gift card it will only allow you to use 85% of the gift card. They are deemed a service establishment so the credit card holds back 15% for a possible tip. This does NOT happen if you use a Disney GC. When I used to get Visa/MC gift cards as bonuses at work, I would go to Disneyland, Disney Store or if I was staying at a Disney hotel, the gift shop to buy Disney gift cards with the Visa/MC gift cards as they allow this. You cannot do this at a regular store as most do not allow the purchase of a gift card with another gift card. Hope this helps. (ETA: PS the 85% thing happens at the hotel front desks too, and buying the Disney gift cards in the gift shop will also resolve this at the hotels.)

TIP TWO: if you have smaller amounts on your Disney gift cards, you can go to the Disney Gift Card site and combine them on to one card up to $1000 and then use that one gift card to add $$ to your onboard account. This means you only have to save that one gift card in case of refund and not multiples of them.

Please let me know if you have questions.

Can any recent cruises confirm whether Disney gift cards are accepted in the Disney merchandise stores? My girls like the whole experience where they feel like they are paying with the cards we have.

Can any recent cruises confirm whether Disney gift cards are accepted in the Disney merchandise stores? My girls like the whole experience where they feel like they are paying with the cards we have.
We were on the Dream last month and were able to use Disney gift cards in the Disney shops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter