gift baskets

Barbmouse63

<font color=navy>Thanks for your support!! I have
I know many of you order gift baskets..........I'm leaning towards theperfectgift. My question is what would you put in a basket for a 9 year old boy and a 12 year old girl. Please share what you have done or seen. Oh yeah, about how much money do each of the baskets run?

Thanks!

I'm a 14 year old girl, and have a 10 year old brother, so lets see if I can help you out.

Boy- if he's active, like my brother, he might want a basketball or some tennis balls he can play with. Candy is also very good, perhaps throw that in. Put some pool toys and arcade cards in there too, if he's anything like my brother. He might also want those washable tatoos- my little bro had a thing for them a year ago.

Girl- she's almost a teenager, so obviously she's getting into fashion and the whole teenage scene. Get her some jewelry and CDs, if you can't find any good CDs, Disney Soundtracks are always fun to listen to. She might also want some makeup, so maybe get her some lip gloss. That's about as far as I'll go with a preteen- no mascara or eyeliner until she's a teen. Also get her a pair of flip flops- comfy ones, and not with wide straps- because girls live in these. A magazine would be good too, maybe GL or ElleGirl or YM- magazines that are appropriate for preteens (Cosmo Girl, Teen People, and Teen Vogue are a little too old for her, and American Girl is too young). A pair of sunglasses would be good too. When in doubt, get her more jewelry.

Hope this helps! Of course, you can't make a perfect gift basket unless you know what they're like and what their interests are. For one thing, the boy could be totally uninterested in sports, and the girl uninterested in fashion.

EDIT- I have no idea what the pricing is for all this stuff, these are just suggestions to go on for the ages of the kids. Truthfully, I have never done a gift basket but just remember what I wanted at that age and what my brother wanted.

Thanks..these are great ideas to get me started. What is an arcade card? BTW this will be our first cruise!

Please let me know other ideas for baskets!

Why don't you just give Shirley a call. Tell her about your kids...what they like, what they're into, what snacks they like, what they like to drink, etc. tell her how much you want to spend on each one and let her take care of it.

I'll guarantee you won't be disappointed.

Phyllis :crazy:

For the arcade on the cruise, you used your KTTW cards to buy arcade cards- much like the power cards at Dave and Buster's. Those have a prepaid amount of money on them to use on the arcade on the cruise.

Shirley's phone number is 800-950-4559 unless it's changed since last year. Her website is http://www.theperfectgift.cc/ Note the it's NOT .com

She did a great clear storage box "basket" for DD when she got a promotion last year. I wanted her "basket" to be something she could use so she got clear sweater sized storage boxes stuffed with Gatorade and goodies and a small pillow I had made her all wrapped up in blue "cellophane".

Shirley will work with you to customize your basket to fit your kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter