Gift Baskets at the resorts

lts862

DIS Veteran
Hi!

I am trying to gather some information and hope that you can provide some help from your experiences.

I want to send a goodie/gift/welcome basket to my children and to my parents for our upcoming WDW vacation. The three companies that I have heard about are Fairygodmother gifts, Gifts of a Lifetime and Disney Florist. Has anyone used any of these vendors and what were your experiences with them? If you don't mind, what types of items were in your baskets? Were you satisfied? I am looking for snacks and a few Disney items. Are there any other vendors that I should be considering?

Any information you can provide will be appreciated.
Thank you-
Lynn
116 days to go

We used Disney Florist and were very satisfied.
They were very helpful in making something for me. We based it on the Welcome Basket they had on the website-but I really didnt need a camera, photo album or hat. So they helped me with a custom design.
We had candy, character cookies (like animal crackers), 3 beanies (2 daisy and 1 donald-we already had mickey and minnies from our last trip), 3 activity packs (stickers, markers and coloring books-2 princess, 1 mickey), 3 autograph books and 3 pens.

Here are some pics-

Mvc-023s.jpg

Mvc-025s.jpg

My kids were thrilled.
FYI-They dont usually deliver until after 4pm so it probably wont be in the room when you arrive. Someone from the hotel (WL) brought it up as soon as it arrived.

I've used the WDW Florist several times, and have been pleased each time. I've done the Mickey tote bag with snacks & the "Mickey cool snacks" a couple of times each. I also received a lovely tote bag full of adult snacks: brie, wine & glasses, crackers, etc... I think their prices are fairly reasonable, too. The cookie bouquet I'm having delivered to my daughter on our next trip is more expensive for less product, but I wanted to do something different

I just got back and used WDW florist for three baskets, one for dd, one each for Dad and DH. (those two got the same one) I was disappointed that the chocolate coins in the treasure chest basket were fused together and inedible, but other than that, the snacks were fine.

It appeared that they had included a few items in my daughter's basket that I didn't specify (a wand to go with her crown and doll) and her snacks were delicious. I didn't get to talk to the florist while we were there (too busy, asked the concierge but they didn't follow through) and so I will be dropping them an e mail to let them know.

The baskets themselves were lovely though and my family was very happy with them. I'd definitely use WDW florist again.

They can also make up a basket for you based on your child's favorite character, you can ask them about it.

Hope that helps!

Thank you for your replies. I have gotten a lot of feedback on this and other boards and have decided to use the Disney florist. Your input has been appreciated.
Lynn:D

GeekChic, did you stay at the GF on your recent trip? I think I have been reading your trip report on another site. The melted coins were what caught my attention. If it is you, your trip sounds great and I am actually heading over soon to read about Day 4 (the move to RP). :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter