"Gift" activity tickets to another cabin

ssgtravel

Mouseketeer
As silver members, if we are able to book an activity such as a character breakfast or meet and greet before the general public, are we later able to just give our tickets to other family members in another cabin, if they can't get their own tickets? If so, would this also be true for shore activities?

As silver members, if we are able to book an activity such as a character breakfast or meet and greet before the general public, are we later able to just give our tickets to other family members in another cabin, if they can't get their own tickets? If so, would this also be true for shore activities?
No, tickets are no more for onboard activities. They have a list of registered guests. You can’t just swap your place.

The same is true with shore activities. All the places are attributed to specific guests, at least for liability issues but also to keep track of who to wait for once All Aboard is called.

Maybe guests services and/or shoreside activities can do a swap, or maybe they will not want to, but DCL will need to be involved.

No, tickets are no more for onboard activities. They have a list of registered guests. You can’t just swap your place.

The same is true with shore activities. All the places are attributed to specific guests, at least for liability issues but also to keep track of who to wait for once All Aboard is called.

Maybe guests services and/or shoreside activities can do a swap, or maybe they will not want to, but DCL will need to be involved.

Not *completely* true about excursions. Long story, but the morning of an excursion we swapped in my son and out my husband. (He stayed behind with pink-eye child.) It wasn't a problem. Disney was not involved. (We just paid an adult price for a child excursion.)

Not *completely* true about excursions. Long story, but the morning of an excursion we swapped in my son and out my husband. (He stayed behind with pink-eye child.) It wasn't a problem. Disney was not involved. (We just paid an adult price for a child excursion.)
The fact that you did it and it went unnoticed does not mean that it should be done, and that it is allowed. If they had checked your ticket and noticed the swap, you would have had to deal with DCL and could have been denied participation. The tickets are there to insure that the rules are properly applied, notably the minimum age for taking part in the tour.

Once, we went to Guest Services to say we wouldn't attend an event and they told us they were happy we told them because they would be able to give away our spots to someone else.

The fact that you did it and it went unnoticed does not mean that it should be done, and that it is allowed. If they had checked your ticket and noticed the swap, you would have had to deal with DCL and could have been denied participation. The tickets are there to insure that the rules are properly applied, notably the minimum age for taking part in the tour.

I actually asked at guest services, AND the port adventures desk, AND told them when we checked in.
It was actually the guest services desk which suggested it. (The little one got pink-eye kind of late in the evening.)

When I checked in for the port adventure and showed them the swap.
(The kid I brought was well within the minimum age.)

I actually asked at guest services, AND the port adventures desk, AND told them when we checked in.
It was actually the guest services desk which suggested it. (The little one got pink-eye kind of late in the evening.)

When I checked in for the port adventure and showed them the swap.
(The kid I brought was well within the minimum age.)
That’s the proper to do it. As I said, DCL needs to be informed of the swap. They need to be aware and can therefore approve or deny it. You mentioned in your previous post DCL was not involved but they actually were.

I have booked a tasting for my husband and son, and I ended up going in my husbands place. No one said a word, and we did not try to switch out the ticket. I just went instead of my husband.

Yes and maybe. I "gave" my Mom and Dad our spots for character pictures, though I did go with them at the start and told the CM what we were doing since they do it by name; they were fine with it. As a PP said, for shore excursions you will need to run it by them first - there may be age or health concerns with your excursions they can go over with you prior.

Last time we sailed, we didn't have actual physical tickets for character breakfast and "ticketed" meet and greets. Everything was in the app. They asked us name and room number upon arrival.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter