gggrrrrrr...sometimes people are so classless

glo

Has a heart bigger then all of
Ok,

I am at work and this lady who works with me comes over and tells me how good I look since I have lost weight. I smile and say thank you (felt nice to have someone notice). THEN, she goes on to tell me how it is a shame that I carry all the weight left around my middle, and that I have a tire around my middle. Even goes and points at it, and says how it goes all around. GEEZ :rolleyes: Why bother to compliment someone if you follow up with that :mad: SHe must have gone on for about 5 minutes before I said. Thanks a I really needed that today in a rather sarcastic way and walked away. I had to bite my tongue :(

Sorry that your compliment was ruined. Try to only concentrate on the first part of what she said. You look great!!!!!!!

Aw glo, I am sorry and you're right some people can be so classless! Consider her for what she is...tacky! I for one am proud of you and inspired by your weight loss!

Hugs to you and raspberries to her!!

Melissa

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

:rolleyes: Send me her e-mail address! I have a few choice words for her.

I just don't get people like that. They are the tactfully challenged. What ever happened to "If you can't say something nice, don't say it at all?"

I hope you didn't let what she said bring you down. You have worked SO HARD to get where you are and you are going to continue working hard and reach your goal. I'd like to see what her stomach looks like.

This makes me want to take up kick boxing, and I'm not a voilent person!!!

I have several perfect come backs for you. Of course you were correct in thanking her, being polite is always the best defense. Another polite, but effective one is" Why, whatever would make you say a thing like tha?"

It also reminds me of a joke, I hope no one mines...You do need a southern accesnt to do it right, fortunately, I do............DON"T GET OFFENDED!!! IT"S JUST A JOKE< everybodty.

2 southern women were taking, the first says to the second - for our first anniversary, my husband gave me this diamond ring, and the second one says "How nice". And for our second anniversary, he gave me this mink, and the second woman again says (with drawl) "How Nice", and for our third anniversary my husband gave me this Cadillac, and the second woman again says "How nice". So the first woman says "What did your husband give you?" and the second woman says, "He sent me to finishing (pronounced feenishing) school. The first woman exclaims - Finishing school, why would he send you to finishing school? and the second woman says "So I could learn how to say How Nice, instead of **** ***"

So Glo, now you can just say "How Nice" when she has something to say.

Don't let her bother you, there are a lot of people who just love to put people down, it make them feel big. You should be proud of how far you have come. WHen I saw you at Discon, I would never have dreamed you were ever any other size, and now it sounds like your are in even better shape.

Glo, that "person" was classless, tacky and stupid! You look wonderful!!

Marsha, loved the joke and I'm southern.:) There have been quite a few times I could have used "how nice". LOL

Linda

Glo, you're my hero! Don't let anyone, especially someone so unimportant as this chick, get you down. My goal before my cruise is where you are now. I have a long way to go and I see your numbers at your signiture and I'm inspired. Remember the positive comments and try to block out the bad ones.

Oh my, is she a southern girl? Sounds like some of those "bless your heart" compliments I've received in my life :rolleyes:

Some people are just mean, Glo, she's probably jealous of you for some other reason not connected to your size. It's obvious she wanted to zing you, not compliment you. I know people like that :(

You are doing great and you looked great when I saw you in December so I know you look wonderful now. Hang in there and consider the source.

I would have been so gushy with gratitude for her compliment and never let on that I noticed that she really wasn't complimenting me at all. But then, I was raised in the south and I grew up around people like that, who <b>want</b> you to make a sarcastic remark or something. It is their indication that they hit their target. Not everyone raised in the south is like that, thank goodness :teeth:

{{{HUGS}}} sweetie

People like this just don't deserve to speak....very, very, tacky.

You look wonderful, Glo!!!

:bounce::wave::bounce:

Well I'll be, my jaw sure dropped reading this! I just can't imagine why this women would say such awful things!!! I'm so sorry Glo! I think you have shown incredible willpower and have amazing results to show for it!

I have been hurt terribly by remarks of others and I know its something that stays with you (at least it has me). I'm just sorry this happened. ((((((((HUGS)))))))))

Glo, I am so sorry she was so rude. That was totally uncalled for. I for have have seen the pictures posted of your fantastic accomplishment, and even tho I am not a regular on the WISH, I want you to know what an inspiration you are to me.

You look fantastic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter