GFV Models??

thebigman65

DIS Veteran
I read somewhere on the DIS a couple weeks back that the models for GFV would be open as of Nov 4.....does anyone know if they are indeed open?

I have never seen a date posted for any models rooms for the Grand Floridian.

The resort name in my post was not to imply location of the model rooms.

No that was just a rumor. I'm sure they would have sent current members a promotional email or material if it was open for viewing.

I'm sure that Florida Time Share law dictates when they are allowed to market the new resort.

Disney doesn't want to waste their time showing a new property if you can't buy it. Most will tour the room and buy right then while they are excited after their viewing.

:earsboy: Bill

I talked to our Sales Guide this week to see if the GFV model room is available to preview since we are arriving this Saturday. It is not. They do not know when it will be available or when points are going to be sold. I also asked if the purchase discounts will be better on a cruise. She said no, that the new DVC Head, Claire, is trying to make all incentives or discounts even now. I was really hoping we could preview while we were there this trip!

Well I am looking forward to maybe seeing the mock up come march, what I really want to see is we're the next resort maybe. If the do a Polynesian DVC I k ow we will be adding points and a very good chance DM will as well.

Spoke to a sales representative last week who said it was planned for completion by the end of 2013. How long before build complete did they start selling other properties??

Spoke to a sales representative last week who said it was planned for completion by the end of 2013. How long before build complete did they start selling other properties??

Approximately 10-14 before opening was the pattern with the last few resort debuts.

However DVC was under different management last time they began sales on a new location. Past practices may give no indication of how VGF will be handled.

I talked to our Sales Guide this week to see if the GFV model room is available to preview since we are arriving this Saturday. It is not. They do not know when it will be available or when points are going to be sold. I also asked if the purchase discounts will be better on a cruise. She said no, that the new DVC Head, Claire, is trying to make all incentives or discounts even now. I was really hoping we could preview while we were there this trip!

I hope the cruise thing isn't true. The higher incentives on the cruise makes it worthwhile to waste valuable cruise time to hear the pitch. If its all the same I'd rather be having chocolate eclairs and an espresso at Cove cafe.

I hope the cruise thing isn't true. The higher incentives on the cruise makes it worthwhile to waste valuable cruise time to hear the pitch. If its all the same I'd rather be having chocolate eclairs and an espresso at Cove cafe.

Then skip it.

Questions regarding shipboard incentives come up enough to suggest that owners are deferring add-on purchases for weeks or months until a scheduled cruise occurs. I suspect DVC has lost sales by giving those people time to reconsider the add-on.

There's enough pricing confusion in the marketplace. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if DVC benefitted from standardized pricing. Nobody wants worry that there's a better deal if you just happen to know the right places to go and questions to ask.

DVC could offer some nice cash door prizes at the cruise gatherings and still keep attendance high, IMO. A lot of people will show up for the free booze alone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter