GFV Floor Plans

keaster

DIS Veteran
For anyone interested, the actual floorplans for the GFV villas are now on the member website.

As per previous discussion, the studio does sleep five (with the addition of a pull down bunk size bed) and there does appear to be two showers (a tub/shower combo and a separate walk-in shower).

My wife and I attended the preview event. For those asking about storage in the studios take a look at the image below from DVCNEWS. The small brown items of furniture to the right and in front of the couch are hollow. Though very limited there is some storage in these pieces. Though the DVC information states these rooms and sleep 5 I do not believe that as a practical matter you would truly want to do this.

b_628_262_0_1___images_stories_vgf_studio_VGF_S000.JPG

There is a drawer storage system under the beds in the studios, this replaces the entertainment system drawers. So it is the same as the previous dvc studios. This has been a question, but I had it answered by my guide. Unfortunately they were not showing thAt to people on the tour.

There is a drawer storage system under the beds in the studios, this replaces the entertainment system drawers. So it is the same as the previous dvc studios. This has been a question, but I had it answered by my guide. Unfortunately they were not showing thAt to people on the tour.

I can confirm that as well. I took the tour and asked about clothing storage. The bed that is in the studio model is not what well end up being in the rooms. There will be a bed with drawers underneath, and hopefully, still room for luggage storage.

I think 5 in there is really a stretch unless you are a family that really only sleeps in the room which we are not or you have very little children. My family would go stir crazy in there.

I think 5 in there is really a stretch unless you are a family that really only sleeps in the room which we are not or you have very little children. My family would go stir crazy in there.

I tend to agree if you're kids are bigger. This would work fine, imo, for a family with littles though. Some people don't want to pay the extra points for extra space. I know I don't. We only have 4 but I'd be the one trying to squeeze 5 into that studio. LOL

I tend to agree if you're kids are bigger. This would work fine, imo, for a family with littles though. Some people don't want to pay the extra points for extra space. I know I don't. We only have 4 but I'd be the one trying to squeeze 5 into that studio. LOL

The difference probably being that you live in Florida so probably go for short stays whereas we come from the UK so are usually looking for 18 nights. I couldn't cope with 18 nights in there with two teenagers and a tween. I think I'd end my stay doing 15 to life :rotfl2:

Yes I agree, the pull out bed is also quite small plus the sofa bed to share is only a full. So this is best suited for younger children imo.

pixie08 said:
Yes I agree, the pull out bed is also quite small plus the sofa bed to share is only a full. So this is best suited for younger children imo.

On another thread, someone reported (and another confirmed) that the pullout is a queen, not a full.

On another thread, someone reported (and another confirmed) that the pullout is a queen, not a full.

I agree that it will be a queen size pull out couch in the studio. Here's what is says in the sales brochure:

Deluxe studios feature one queen-size bed, one queen-size sleeper sofa, and one pull-down bunk-size bed perfect for little ones.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter