• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

GF quick service at resorts

jenniy122

DIS Veteran
I'm going on a trip to WDW this weekend for an interview. No park tickets, quick service dining plan. I'm gluten/wheat intolerant, and while I'm up for dealing with the consequences for most of the trip, my dinner before the interview must be GF. I'll be staying at POP, but was thinking about eating at Wilderness's Roaring Forks that night. I'm up for suggestions of a more friendly place though. Will they have any GF alternatives? I'm a pretty picky eater, so I'd be happy with a burger with GF bun, or the allergy chicken tenders.

Other than Coronado Springs resort, all the resort QS locations can make up really good GF meals. I think almost all of them have the allergy buns and chicken tenders. Last I checked I don't think AoA had the tenders but I believe the rest of them do and I think maybe even all of them have the buns and many have the pizza crusts too. Check out their GF list. It was last updated June 3 so it should be pretty accurate. http://wdw.wdpromedia.com/media/kana/sd/WDW-GlutenFree.pdf

I'm not sure what you mean by you're up for dealing with the consequences for most of your trip. Why wouldn't you eat GF for the entire trip? WDW is probably the absolute easiest place you'll ever find for eating GF.

Pop is IMO one of the best resort QS dining locations for GF. They have so many ingredients to work with that they can come up with just about anything you (obviously limited to the ingredients but they have so many different proteins and starches and GF alternatives for pastas and bread products that you've got a very wide variety to choose from).

I agree with Trudy. Pop is good, but if you want to see and experience Wilderness or Animal Kingdom, this is a great excuse to do so! :) Have fun! We often stop over at Animal Kingdom Lodge for a quick service meal at Mara. It's one of my favorites.

Thank you guys! I wasn't sure how difficult it was going to be to get GF options not eating in the parks and being QS, so I figured I would just have to deal but that list really helps. Now I can plan out everything tasty in advance.

Best Wheat Free service I had was Allstar Sports. The manager was super helpful.

They were out of GF pasta but she promised to get some in the next day (and did). I got a kids portion, plain (I'm picky and was only looking for some carbs) but the marinara and pesto were both GF. Meat was harder (sausage and meatballs both had wheat) but she basically said to pick any meat on the menus and she'd get it for me. As sides I got the basic two kids sides (grapes/carrots). I declined bread.

The night I did not get pasta I got a turkey dinner, she basically had me order with her and then she went and got my food from the kitchen instead of the line to minimize cross contamination. I had turkey, mashed potatoes (no gravy) GF bread, and corn.

It was great and much easier than the TS meals I ate.

(oh and I had a GF bun Hot dog and GF chicken nuggets in the parks but it's the same thing as at the food court and they were both very good).

PS Port Orleans French Quarter makes gluten/dairy free beignets.

Fortunately for you, the resort quick service locations are great and reliable if you have any sort of food issues. The QS is the parks is in our experience a little harder to rely on. POP was great for us, our last trip staying there I think we ate at POP at least a dozen times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter