GF pompous?

I've stayed at the GF three times now, and I've never, ever, gotten the slightest sense of an 'attitude'. Not from the staff, not from other guests. And I would detest a place like that, so if the GF were that way, I'd notice it.

The GF is a relaxed, casual, friendly place. Completely family-oriented. You'll have a blast!:)

I will say that I was disappointed in our stay at GF two years ago, from the cleanliness (or lack of) down to the service, it just wasn't very good. Maybe it was the time of year we went or just caught it on a fluke week. Would we try it again? If it were the only monorail resort with availability we would consider it. I guess you can have a bad experience anywhere. For every person that loves a certain resort there is a person who hated it.

To answer your question...it was not snooty at all (rude service when we went, but not snooty). There's the Alice Tea Party, cooking class, and the pirate cruise for children. I think they also offer the perfectly princess party there also. 1900 PF has Alice for breakfast and Cinderella for dinner.

Having never actually stayed there, I am completely unqualified to comment, but I will anyway. We went there last winter to vidit and have a drink- the CMs were not snooty at all- they were very nice. They other guests we encountered were pretty nasty and had a bad case of entitlement. When we went to the concierge desk to ask for some matches, this guy blatantly cut in front of us and started ranting to the CM at the desk about how important he was and how much money he was spending and that they should address his problem NOW. Obviously not everyone is like that there, but it's certainly never anything I encountered at POP.

We stayed there last July for our wedding, and my concern was that it was too much for us as well! While we were staying there I noticed that it really is a relaxing and comfortable area, not pompous at all. It is a very family and children friendly resort! I cant wait to stay there again!

Thanks again to EVERYONE for their feedback. After talking with my wife and kiddos, I think we decided against GF and will be staying at Poly (not sure what cool acronym you guys use for that one!).

We are also bumping the trip up a few weeks, so they won't miss school (to their dismay). So, we will be going the week of Aug 13th.

Now I'll be the Polynesian forum troll for a bit!

:P

We stayed at the grand for a week in 2003, concierge level (both lodge and main building during that one trip) our only bad experience happened in the concierge lounge of the main building and it concerned only two cast members. I spoke to the general manager about it, I felt that strongly about the situation.

Having said that, I would joyfully stay at the GF again! If I had my choice it'd be Sugarloaf (lodge concierge) where we received the best, friendliest, most AMAZING treatment that I have ever had at Disney with more than three dozen trips under my belt in my lifetime. They really made us feel like part of the GF family and everyone at Sugarloaf treated my child with the same respect, kindness and service they did the adults in our party. (Of course she's very well behaved and was respectful to them too :)

I found the main building to be less 'kid friendly' partly because there were a lot of conventioneers there but the resort as a whole is wonderful, gorgeous, kid-friendly. . .beautiful. . .inviting. . .did I mention it was gorgeous??? And MAGICAL!

You'll have a great time :) The pools are great and you cannot beat the views.

Laren

We stayed at the grand for a week in 2003, concierge level (both lodge and main building during that one trip) our only bad experience happened in the concierge lounge of the main building and it concerned only two cast members. I spoke to the general manager about it, I felt that strongly about the situation.

Laren

If you dont mind me asking, what happened with the two cast members? When I read this my heart dropped because when I think of the GF and the concierge I think of the most beautiful resort, and the most friendly people working there. How was this situation resolved?

Thanks again to EVERYONE for their feedback. After talking with my wife and kiddos, I think we decided against GF and will be staying at Poly (not sure what cool acronym you guys use for that one!).

We are also bumping the trip up a few weeks, so they won't miss school (to their dismay). So, we will be going the week of Aug 13th.

Now I'll be the Polynesian forum troll for a bit!

:P

Wise choice. :thumbsup2

If you dont mind me asking, what happened with the two cast members? When I read this my heart dropped because when I think of the GF and the concierge I think of the most beautiful resort, and the most friendly people working there. How was this situation resolved?

Sending you a PM ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter