GF construction

Nainolaf

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

We are staying at VGF2 for our first stay as DVC owners from 5th Sept to 9th (moving onto SSR then BWV after) and was wondering if anybody had the latest update on how far the Boca Chica renovation has come on? I believe the roof was completed last week but was wondering if the walking path will still be closed off when we go.
We have a standard view resort studio and will request a room nearer the pool side (hopefully get lucky but looks busy)
As usual thank you one and all for your knowlegeable replies

Hey guys, so walking back from the boat and the lights are on in Boca Chica… looking in, the beds look like the same exact beds as shown earlier from my room in Big Pine Key! The chandelier also appears to be the same. I know it’s probably hard to tell from these pictures but it looks exactly like my BPK room from here. I asked the cast member and they did confirm they will be the same as BPK. Take that for what it’s worth.

AE1341A7-4B39-4AA4-9875-1332E95BA97A.jpeg

AA2AF91C-8155-4833-9F00-FB1D3D9677E9.jpeg

BD144CEB-A97E-4851-9958-8B6E763353EF.jpeg

Some updates have been posted on this thread:
*The Official VILLA'S AT DISNEY'S GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA Owners & Lovers Group*
You should check out the last few pages

Last edited:
We just stayed in Deluxe Studio in the vacation club building this past weekend. There was still a ton of construction going on at Boca Chica. The big issue was they were building the outer stairs (I believe) and it was so LOUD. I did not notice if the roofing was done nor notice if anyone was working on the roof. We left the pool by that building because of the banging noise and went to the pool by the vacation club instead. We did not hear the noise at that pool or in our room in the vacation club building. I also have a standard resort studio booked in October and I sure hope the outside construction at Boca Chica is done by then because I don't think the windows would have blocked out the noise I heard. Hopefully they make a lot of progress on the noisy parts in the coming weeks for your upcoming trip.

We were going to stay 1 night in a resort studio before moving over to VGF1 just to check BPK. Ended up switching over to BCV studio instead when it had an opening. I think they rushed the whole VGF2 resort and think it would have been so much nicer if the kept the kitchenette and at least converted some of the rooms to 1 and 2 bedrooms. Another thing that I think they should have done is make the new resort studios a slightly lower point chart and this may have kept the pressure off of the original villas. One good thing out of this we are excited to be staying at BCV for the first time, we were using our VGF points for home resort for the majority of the time, but we will probably be using them at different resorts for a while.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter