GF Concierge or Not?

MommieMommie!

Mouseketeer
With the postcard we received yesterday, I was quoted a Sugar Loaf Concierge room for 365/night. This was because the CM could not find a regular room for our travel dates. After having read so many positive posts regarding Dreams Unlimited, I had them check on a lagoon view room, which they found and I can get @ $309/night.

It will be DH, 4 DDs (8, 5, 3, & 1) and myself. I have seen so many negative reports regarding GF Concierge that I am thinking of going with the regular room.

Is it worth the extra $300.00? We have stayed @ GF (Big Pine Key) in the past and loved everything. I just don't want to set us up for disappointment!
THANKS!

Save the money, take the lagoon view room and request to be the Conch Key building. It's gorgeous! With the money you've saved you can bring your own snacks and have a really nice meal out!

Anne

Be careful of all of the negative reports. While I believe that many people have had negative concierge experiences, everyone's experience is different. We had an awful stay at the Poly concierge, but I know that it has many, many fans. We are staying at the GF in the RPC soon, and I am looking forward to it. I have seen many negative things, but I still want to try it, and our experience with the CMs there in planning our upcoming trip has already been vastly different that many of the posters here. If it is something that you really want to try, go for it. If not, maybe concierge will be something for a future stay.

Good luck with your decision!

is there a good view of the lagoon/MK from the main building? (RPC room)
or am i better off in one of the lodges, if view is most important....
when i reserved the sugar loaf concierge, they told me that the lagoon view is NOT guaranteed there.....
i think that would be terrible to not have that view...
decisions decisions...

Originally posted by disneyholic family
is there a good view of the lagoon/MK from the main building? (RPC room)
or am i better off in one of the lodges, if view is most important....
when i reserved the sugar loaf concierge, they told me that the lagoon view is NOT guaranteed there.....
i think that would be terrible to not have that view...
decisions decisions...

None of the rooms in Sugar Loaf are going to have a direct, unobstructed castle view if that's what you are looking for.

Anne

so is there a room from which there is a view of the lagoon/MK?
in the main building?....in the conch key lodge?

or i can forget the MK and just concentrate on a nice lagoon view (as in watching the electrical water pageant......that i haven't seen for years and years.....since we stayed at the contemporary or poly...i can't remember)....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter