• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Geyser Point ROCKS!

I have a question about GP. If you are on the Dining Plan. Do you still pay using quick serve credit if you order from the servers? Or do you order your food at the take out counter and then sit? I am unclear about that.

I have a question about GP. If you are on the Dining Plan. Do you still pay using quick serve credit if you order from the servers? Or do you order your food at the take out counter and then sit? I am unclear about that.

We never sat and ordered directly from the lounge area tables, but I assume guests do, because there is a lounge menu (separate from QS counter). I do not know if the DDP covers lounge fare/appetizers (definitely not the booze).

However, it does cover the menu at the QS counter (the counter is located outside of the lounge).

This was our experience - at the QS counter they will ask if you want your order to-go OR served at your table.

To-go - you wait at the counter until your buzzer goes off and food is served in nice cardboard boxes. In this scenario, we chose to eat at the lakeside tables (away from the lounge) or in-room.

Served At Your Table - you seat yourself in the lounge or lakeside tables. They will bring it to you on restaurant quality plates, cloth napkins, and flatware. The lounge staff will check on you and bus your table. In this scenario, we chose to leave a 20% tip (we asked and they noted that is was graciously accepted).

We never sat and ordered directly from the lounge area tables, but I assume guests do, because there is a lounge menu (separate from QS counter). I do not know if the DDP covers lounge fare/appetizers (definitely not the booze).

However, it does cover the menu at the QS counter (the counter is located outside of the lounge).

This was our experience - at the QS counter they will ask if you want your order to-go OR served at your table.

To-go - you wait at the counter until your buzzer goes off and food is served in nice cardboard boxes. In this scenario, we chose to eat at the lakeside tables (away from the lounge) or in-room.

Served At Your Table - you seat yourself in the lounge or lakeside tables. They will bring it to you on restaurant quality plates, cloth napkins, and flatware. The lounge staff will check on you and bus your table. In this scenario, we chose to leave a 20% tip (we asked and they noted that is was graciously accepted).
Great info!:)

We sat in the Lounge area and ordered off of the Lounge Menu the Huckelberry Fizz was fantastic

The Brisket & Chips and Smoked Shrimp on the lounge menu were great! We're trying to fit it in on our next trip.

Thanks for the info...we're going in August and planned to check out the WL while we're there and now we'll be sure to stop in GP as well.

Being from the Pacific Northwest originally, I was happy to see that they used Tillamook cheddar and included marion berries in at least 1 menu item. It would be better if the salmon options listed as Pacific salmon, but I imagine they use the much cheaper, farmed Atlantic salmon.

We used QS credits with the server. Loved the place! My only complaint is there isn't enough table seating.

I'm super excited about this place too!! Bison burger looks excellent.

(I live in the PNW too, for the last 8 years. moving away this summer :squirrel:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter