Getting wet on FEA

I think most of it seems to do with the weight in the boat and the weight distribution. Most of the time, it seems to be a splash that come up over the sides of the boat after the drop rather than the drop itself. I've never gotten soaked on the ride, but have seen many get off soaked.

I never got wet on Mailstrom but have ridden Frozen twice and got soaked both times. I know one time we were in the front seat because there was a little kid who was supposed to sit there but was afraid so my son volunteered us to switch which him and his parents. I don't remember where I sat the other time but I know it was in December and it was night and it was cold outside.

Thank you for this thread! We're newbies going in November (with 2 little girls who love Frozen) and I had no idea you got wet on this ride. I thought it was like riding It's a Small World.

Small World has no drops. FEA does.

The only time I got wet I was riding front left and my bottom was pretty soaked, I could wring out my shorts. We were in a boat packed entirely of adults.

We were in the 2nd to last row, and I was on the left. My DH was fine, stayed dry and I got a little splash. Nothing too crazy for us, but the people a row up got it worse!

Front left is the worst. 2nd time we got the front row, I made DH sit on that side. Other rows aren't bad.
That’s exactly where I was. Front row left. My pants were soaked lol. And it wasn’t a splash, it ran over the side of the boat and into my seat and pooled there.

I've ridden it twice. The first time, I was third row left side and got just a little splash on my arm and face. I was dry by the time we got back outside. The second time, I was second row left side and my left side got fully soaked from the water sloshing over the side after the drop...and by fully soaked, I mean my jeans were wet for at least an hour after I got off the ride. I went back in my photos to find my ride photos, and the second time had more people on the boat, and several of those people (including me) were heavy-set, so I agree with other posters that the weight of the boat is a factor.

Definitely a weight distribution thing. I’m slightly less than a sixth of a ton, so whatever side I’m on gets REALLY LOW at the bottom of that drop. Luckily I feel getting wet is part of the fun.

I don't remember what seat we were in, but I was on the outside edge, and it came up over the side and I ended up sitting in a puddle. My DH found it hilarious. He was next to me, but my shorts kindly soaked up all the water and kept it from him.

We were in the front row of the boat, and part of our seat was a little wet when we got on. We got little splash vut nothing to complain about. None of us cared for the ride, we won't bother with it again (nothing to do with the water).

I have gotten wet on it every time I have ridden it. My rear end, sock and shoe on the left side. Not a splash - the water come over the side and runs into my rear on the seat and into my shoe. We have always been in row 1 or 2. Luck of the draw I guess :). But we had a running joke on our trip in December. I got wet on Pirates (never have before), splashed on Thunder somehow (people in front of us maybe), soaked on Splash, wet on FEA and somehow managed to get a bit wet on 7DMT - we are still scratching our heads on that one. :confused3

Hubs & my pants were completely soaked when we went on it. We were in the front seat & there was water pooled in the seat when we got on & it only got worse from there. Very unpleasant. One & done for us for this reason.

I'm not sure there is a guaranteed dry spot. One trip I was in the middle of the back row and was just as wet as the outside. Sometimes it's just a spray and sometimes you walk out with a wet behind. It does I think depend on weight so if you have lots of adults .... AND no boat goes without being packed to the gills so that doesn't help.

Maelstrom also had May Get Wet warning signs but maybe because it really wasn't popular and the boats were never full it ... just rarely happened.

Frozen-ever-after-ride-tips.jpg

maelstrom_warnings2007ah.jpg

Maelstrom-warning-sign-Norway-Epcot.jpg

PHOTO CREDITS ON PHOTOS
loved the last pic, with the troll and umbrella. Never saw that one! Thanks!

I'm not sure there is a guaranteed dry spot. One trip I was in the middle of the back row and was just as wet as the outside. Sometimes it's just a spray and sometimes you walk out with a wet behind. It does I think depend on weight so if you have lots of adults .... AND no boat goes without being packed to the gills so that doesn't help.

Maelstrom also had May Get Wet warning signs but maybe because it really wasn't popular and the boats were never full it ... just rarely happened.

Frozen-ever-after-ride-tips.jpg

maelstrom_warnings2007ah.jpg

Maelstrom-warning-sign-Norway-Epcot.jpg

PHOTO CREDITS ON PHOTOS
So I want to make sure I understand the language of the rules- does each child under 7 need to be supervised by an adult- in other words, can my husband and I take our 3 kids under age 7 on this ride, or does it have to be a 1:1 ratio of adult to kid? I’ve been told on the Barnstormer we do need an adult per kid but figured this was not the case with FEA being a boat ride. Just want to make sure I’m not surprised when we get there!

So I want to make sure I understand the language of the rules- does each child under 7 need to be supervised by an adult- in other words, can my husband and I take our 3 kids under age 7 on this ride, or does it have to be a 1:1 ratio of adult to kid? I’ve been told on the Barnstormer we do need an adult per kid but figured this was not the case with FEA being a boat ride. Just want to make sure I’m not surprised when we get there!

You are fine. You are all in the same boat together.

Barnstormer every single seat is a different car, unusual.

Sometimes on 7DMT they will require the same thing, I've seen multiple times them making folks move about or not get on at all until they figure it out. Some have had no issues if in the same "log" together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter