Getting to the Chip & Dale Campfiire from the MK

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
We will be in WDW in just 10 days :cool1:, I am taking my grand-daughter who is 4 and 1/2 I think this would be something that would be fun for us. Plus we can check out the Halloween decorations at the campsites.
I've been to FW for the Hoopdedoo, and at Christmas walked around to see the decorations.
If we are coming from MK, I know we take the boat over, once we get to the dock at FW, where do we go from there to get to the campefire site. What would be a good way to see the decorations, by hayride, or take the bus around the campground, or just walking around?

You could hop on a bus to the campfire. Or you could walk the 1/2 mile or so to see the decorations on the way. I like up close over the hayride.

Yep, if you've been to the Hoop-de-do, just walk past the Pioneer Hall area to the bus stop. You can take either the Yellow or Orange bus line that will drop you off on diffrent sides of the Meadows rec area where they have the campfire.

As 2goofy mentioned, if there are decorations up, you can skip past the bus and walk down the main road "Ft Wilderness Trail" to the Meadows Trading post and check out the decorations in the loops along the way. It's not a bad walk at all.

Ditto the walking suggestion. We walked a few times from the marina to the pool area (same area as the campfire behind the trading post) and it was a nice little walk. I think the front desk said 5-6 city blocks (approx) from the marina to the trading post? That said, I'm assuming you'll have a stroller you'll use for your granddaughter? Our older kids were slightly older (6 and 8 at the time of our visit last week) and still complained a bit about the walk (yet they'll walk the 1/2 mile around our lake at home no problem.) I think it was just the walk combined with walking the park that made it seem daunting to them. So stroller highly recommended for a 4.5 year old!

Thank you for your replies, I do have a stroller for my grand-daughter because I know her little legs will get tired.
I like the idea of walking, we can see the decorations and still get to the campfire without much hassle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter