Getting to MCO during 1/2 marathon

pinkxray

DIS Veteran
I am going to WDW for the Princess 10k. We have to fly back Sunday, which means the 1/2 marathon will be going on. Southwest hasn’t realized times yet but they usually have an am nonstop that we take home.

What is my best option to get to the airport from Grand Floridian with road closures. If magical express was still around I would probably go that route since they would know which roads to take. Should I just use Mears and pay hoping they still know how to get around the delays, rent a car? If I can find an afternoon flight that would be great but based on previous trips I’m guessing my options will be to get to the airport in the morning.

Thanks!

So here's a link to the road closure map from Princess 2020. Expand the map and click on the road segments to see when they are closed--many are closed til 10, including some in front of GF.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewe...sT2dEa&ll=28.391712365588823,-81.5637125&z=13
I would suggest walking/monorail over to Poly or TTC and leave from there. That way, you can take Seven Seas Dr to World Dr South and then take Vista Blvd to get you away from the race (could take Bonnet Creek to Buena Vista and out on Epcot Ctr Dr/536.

As for how--I wouldn't want to count on a big shuttle bus (seems like it's asking for trouble). Can you Lyft/Uber? Do car hire (with specific instructions). If you can snag a corporate rate, a one way rental is not a bad option.

Honestly, depending on when your flight is, I would consider staying at/near the airport the night before.

@jmasgat- thank you for your response. DD and I only get to stay at GF when DH isn’t traveling with us since he hates it. I was so excited to book it I didn’t even think of the road closures Sunday morning.

I am thinking we either need to switch resorts Sat. Night or just book at room at the Mco Hyatt. We plan on hitting the parks all day Sat. so I’m not sure I want to waste the points for another night at GF if we aren’t using the room at all sat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter