Getting to Disneyland Paris from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport

Andyjp1

Earning My Ears
Hi All,

A little new to the forum so bare with me.. and hello!

We're fortunate enough to be travelling to DLP next Feb.

We're flying from Luton to Paris Charles de Gaulle and arrive at 09:30 on a Monday.
We Depart 09:30 back to Luton the Thursday at 21:25.

I was hoping for some money saving tips getting too and from the hotel we're stopping in which is next to DLP called the Grand Magic Hotel.

I've been doing a little research and believe these is a Train which is around 45 minutes long? But am I right in thinking I would have to buy tickets when in paris and no in advance?

Thank you

Hi All,

A little new to the forum so bare with me.. and hello!

We're fortunate enough to be travelling to DLP next Feb.

We're flying from Luton to Paris Charles de Gaulle and arrive at 09:30 on a Monday.
We Depart 09:30 back to Luton the Thursday at 21:25.

I was hoping for some money saving tips getting too and from the hotel we're stopping in which is next to DLP called the Grand Magic Hotel.

I've been doing a little research and believe these is a Train which is around 45 minutes long? But am I right in thinking I would have to buy tickets when in paris and no in advance?

Thank you
There is actually a high speed train from CDG to DLP. We did a day trip on a layover in 2013. There are kiosks at the station in CDG to buy tickets. You can usually also purchase in advance.

Train should take 9 minutes. The bus or car can take 45 minutes because of traffic.

You do not have to go to the city of Paris first. Train can be expensive, book as soon as the tickets are released for the cheapest price (€19, which is a rip off, I know)

High speed train; but rec to buy ahead. DD tried this over the summer and train kept sold out and ended up Ubering it over instead. The signage apparently in CDG is horrible too so make sure you have the right tickets and right platform

Piggybacking if I may...

Do you have to be flying into the airport to use this train? Meaning is it behind security? Or could you do a few days in Paris first, then go to CDG to catch the train?

Last edited:
Do you have to be flying into the airport to use this train? Meaning is it behind security? Or could you do a few days in Paris first, then go to CDG to catch the train?
The train is land-side at the airport (e.g. before security) but if you were already in Paris anyway, you wouldn't want to use it. It would be far quicker to take the RER direct to Disneyland Paris rather than try to go via the airport.

The train is land-side at the airport (e.g. before security) but if you were already in Paris anyway, you wouldn't want to use it. It would be far quicker to take the RER direct to Disneyland Paris rather than try to go via the airport.
Thanks.

I just returned from Paris and here is the current situation train ticket wise:

A one way from CDG airport to Marne-La-Vallee-Chessy (DLP RER station) on the RER involves a transfer in Paris and takes over 1.5 hours. It cost 18.95 euros, so very expensive for a very long trip.

CDG airport to Paris takes 31-35 minutes to Gare du Nord and cost 11.45 euros for a one way. In the morning, one train out of two from the airport skip most of the stations, taking 31 minutes to reach Gare du Nord.

Now, if you're already in Paris, the RER to DLP is subsidised: it cost only 5 euros for a one way from Paris to Marne-La-Vallee-Chessy. It takes 40-45 minutes depending on what RER station on the A line you board from. Remember to check where the trains go: you don't want one going anywhere else except Marne-La-Vallee.

I just returned from Paris and here is the current situation train ticket wise:

A one way from CDG airport to Marne-La-Vallee-Chessy (DLP RER station) on the RER involves a transfer in Paris and takes over 1.5 hours. It cost 18.95 euros, so very expensive for a very long trip.

CDG airport to Paris takes 31-35 minutes to Gare du Nord and cost 11.45 euros for a one way. In the morning, one train out of two from the airport skip most of the stations, taking 31 minutes to reach Gare du Nord.

Now, if you're already in Paris, the RER to DLP is subsidised: it cost only 5 euros for a one way from Paris to Marne-La-Vallee-Chessy. It takes 40-45 minutes depending on what RER station on the A line you board from. Remember to check where the trains go: you don't want one going anywhere else except Marne-La-Vallee.
What made you decide to go the long route via Paris instead of the 10 minutes train?

What made you decide to go the long route via Paris instead of the 10 minutes train?

I did the long route a few years back. The TGV on such short notice, as I had booked my transit to Canada through Paris that very morning, was over 30 euros and the timing didn't work. I would have needed to wait over 1.5 hours at the train station to wait for the next one. The long route was fine for me and got me in earlier than that.

There is also a bus, Magical Shuttle, which takes about an hour. It takes you directly to your hotel from CDG terminal 2. Cost is about 24 Euros each way.

There is also a bus, Magical Shuttle, which takes about an hour. It takes you directly to your hotel from CDG terminal 2. Cost is about 24 Euros each way.
Thank you for the information. This is my first trip to France so I booked Disney Transportation. So I just need to go to terminal 2 and tell them who I am?

DLP information is not great. My information tells me to stop by the front desk to get my tickets to the parks. Is that right?

Also, I booked an on/off tour of Paris for the day we get there. One in my party will be meeting us later but it would only let me make reservations for my whole party. Can I get one person removed from my reservation?

Thank you for the information. This is my first trip to France so I booked Disney Transportation. So I just need to go to terminal 2 and tell them who I am?

DLP information is not great. My information tells me to stop by the front desk to get my tickets to the parks. Is that right?

Also, I booked an on/off tour of Paris for the day we get there. One in my party will be meeting us later but it would only let me make reservations for my whole party. Can I get one person removed from my reservation?

It's worth knowing that Terminal 2 is enormous with various concourses, with only a single meeting point for the Disney bus. There is no signage guiding you specifically to the bus, you need to follow the signs pointing you towards Terminal 2F. Once you are in 2F find the exit marked #8 and you will see coach parking outside. Either follow those doors outside and continue along the walkway going away from the terminal, alternately stay inside and take the next right - both will get you to the waiting area for the bus.

Also be aware that you MUST print your bus ticket on an A4 piece of paper, they will not accept it if it's only on your phone.

If you are staying at a Disney hotel and your tickets are included as part of your package, yes you need to go to the front desk to receive them. They are hard-coded to your room key.

Is the general consensus that I should book my train tickets from CDG to Marne-La-Vallee-Chessy in advance, or am I okay to book them the day of? Also are tickets in France only for the exact time booked, or would they still be valid if my flight was delayed a few hours?

I would NOT recommend the Disney Magical Express. I did it Sunday and never again. It is an unorganized mess. Waited over a half hour for a bus and then was lucky I got on. People had been waiting two hours. Take the train. An Uber would have been about 55 euros.

If you are traveling with 4 or more people, the cost of a private transfer about the same as the 18 euro train x 4 or the Magical express x4. For me it's worth every penny. Door to door service when you arrive, no waiting for any next trains after a long flight, and you aren't hauling luggage around train stations or sharing a bus with a bunch of people. I went from wheels down to inside DLP (including checking in to my hotel and settling in a bit) in under 3 hrs from Orly in the middle of the day in summer.

If you are traveling with 4 or more people, the cost of a private transfer about the same as the 18 euro train x 4 or the Magical express x4. For me it's worth every penny. Door to door service when you arrive, no waiting for any next trains after a long flight, and you aren't hauling luggage around train stations or sharing a bus with a bunch of people. I went from wheels down to inside DLP (including checking in to my hotel and settling in a bit) in under 3 hrs from Orly in the middle of the day in summer.
what private transportation service did you use?

I am american but have used eu trains before. Once at the station look for the non Paris tickets. Bought day of as I didnt know how long immigration would take. my return trip is today and of course they are striking so taxi it will be.

Just back from a trip to Disneyland Paris flying through CDG. We bought tickets for the TGV train on the day of arrival (Saturday, February 10th) and it was pretty smooth. Using the kiosk to purchase the tickets took a few minutes and then it was a short wait to catch the train.

We were hoping to take the TGV train back to the airport on our departure day (Saturday, February 17th) but (thankfully) decided to try and buy the tickets a couple of days in advance from the kiosk at the Marne-La-Vallee-Chessy station but the 7:50 AM train was showing up as not running. Popped into the office and were told "Oh yes, the trains aren't running this weekend" in a very matter-of-fact manner that required a bit of googling to dig out that it was due to a strike with the ticket checkers.

We opted to take the Disney Magic Express as plan B but that ended up being a bit stressful because as we were in line for the 7:05 AM pick-up from Newport Bay we realized that we were at the last pick-up point, there were a lot of other people there and we were not pre-booked (concierge had told us we could just show up the day of and pay 24 Euros each). Luckily it worked out but it just as easily could have resulted in shifting to plan C (taxi).

I guess the moral of the story is that the TGV train is a nice option when it's running but it's good to have backup plans or at least something scribbled on the back of a napkin in case your original plans hit a snag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter