Getting there

Madjulzk

Earning My Ears
I have a 655 res at Ohana, we’re planning to spend the day at Hollywood studios. Is it possible to get back for fantasmic & the Star Wars show? We do have the option of driving our own vehicle between parks. Not ideal, but food at HS is lacking.

I wouldn't plan on being back at DHS before 9:15 at the earliest.

I would eat at one of the Epcot area resorts.

I wouldn't count on it, no. First, the reservation is at 6:55, but by the time you actually eat and everything, it will be close to 8:00. Factoring in travel time and getting to the park, getting to the seating area, etc., I just don't see it happening.

I wouldn't plan on being back at DHS before 9:15 at the earliest.

I would eat at one of the Epcot area resorts.

Yes, this! Getting back and forth from the Poly is going to take a lot of time - driving, parking, eating (which alone could take 90 minutes), driving back, parking, getting through security, etc. It's just not worth it. There are a TON of restaurants in the EP resort area which is just a walk or boat ride away. If you aren't on the dining plan, take a look at the restaurants at Swan/Dolphin which are, arguably, some of the best on property (we really like bluezoo). S/D are the first stop on the boat from DHS, so super simply. If you are on the DDP, 1 credit restaurants include Trattoria al Forno, Ale & Compass and Cape May. All comparable in food quality to O'hana, IMHO.

I agree with the others, there's just not enough time. Perhaps move up 'Ohana or if you have hoppers spend the rest of the night in MK.

However, the dining options in HS aren't terrible. SciFi and 50s are very popular. I'd take just about anywhere in HS over 'Ohana these days.

I agree with everyone, there’s not enough time and you’d be rushing through dinner. We love sci-fi and 50s, they’re must-dos for us every trip. Our DHS day is our only day that we do 2 sit-down meals, so we can get them both in. We also do Ohana each trip, so I can see why you wouldn’t wanna miss it. Maybe you can move your days around or hop to DHS just for the evening shows on another night.

Thank you everyone for your feedback! We really want to get Ohana in and I think I knew the answer was NO but was hoping for a magical Yes response. We have seen Fantasmic many times but not the star wars night time show. This is my one day I don’t have nailed down. I also have an ADR for lunch at 50s and an ADR at cape May for dinner. Trying to figure out which one of the 3 to keep?

It depends what time Fantasmic is.
It is nearly impossible to see Fantasmic and Star Wars shows as they overlap unless there are 2 sets on a night you are there.
As others have said, a 6:55 ADR does not mean you will be seated at 6:55. It could be anywhere from 6:55 to 7:30. The earliest you could get back to HS would be 9:15 to 9:30. Even with a car, I don't see it working.
I would really consider eating at one of the retaurants at HS ( Brown Derby, Sci Fi and Mama Melrose are not bad) or EPCOT. Either gives you the ability to be back in time.

Yes, this! Getting back and forth from the Poly is going to take a lot of time - driving, parking, eating (which alone could take 90 minutes), driving back, parking, getting through security, etc. It's just not worth it. There are a TON of restaurants in the EP resort area which is just a walk or boat ride away. If you aren't on the dining plan, take a look at the restaurants at Swan/Dolphin which are, arguably, some of the best on property (we really like bluezoo). S/D are the first stop on the boat from DHS, so super simply. If you are on the DDP, 1 credit restaurants include Trattoria al Forno, Ale & Compass and Cape May. All comparable in food quality to O'hana, IMHO.
You didn’t have a good experience your last visit to Ohana?

Thank you everyone for your feedback! We really want to get Ohana in and I think I knew the answer was NO but was hoping for a magical Yes response. We have seen Fantasmic many times but not the star wars night time show. This is my one day I don’t have nailed down. I also have an ADR for lunch at 50s and an ADR at cape May for dinner. Trying to figure out which one of the 3 to keep?

Fantasmic is at 8 pm and the Star Wars Spectacular is at 8:30 pm. Although I've never tried to do both, can you get a decent spot for Star Wars if you're coming from Fantasmic?

Otherwise, I'd say that you have 2 options. Either have an early dinner no later than 6:00 PMish in HS or eat at one of the resorts near HS at like 9:30 pm.

If you really want to do Ohana, I'd really try and tie it to Magic Kingdom or at the worst Epcot visits.

Fantasmic is at 8 pm and the Star Wars Spectacular is at 8:30 pm. Although I've never tried to do both,
can you get a decent spot for Star Wars if you're coming from Fantasmic?

Not if you stay at Fantasmic! all the way until the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter