Getting the most of kids excitement question

TREEFROG00

Earning My Ears
Do you think it is best to show kids the vacation DVD movies before they go to Disney so they can see what rides and things there are or is it best to let them see everything for the first time when they get there?:bounce:

If the kids are little, I think it is better they know what to expect, mostly for the "scary" rides.

I have been going through the WDW guide for Kids/By Kids with my two DD's - 7 and 9. They are both wimpy about rides and I think they will do much better with some preparation. My husband always fusses at me and tells me I give them WAY too much info about EVERYTHING!! Even with advance planning, I think their eyes are just going to pop right out of their heads...this is no Six Flags!!!

Now, about those WDW videos....I didn't know about those. Are those available at Blockbusters or the library? Do they give a little preview of the rides ? How cool! If you could tell me where to look for those, I'd be grateful! Thanks!!

Hello! I'm new here. I have been reading posts every day all day. I have learned so much from this board. We will be going to WDW for the first time May 11th - 17th. I can't wait. But I would love to know where to get this DVD.

Thanks in advance.

show your kids the video...

nothing will take away from the look on their little faces when they first see the castle. Even I stop and gawk when I first get there.

I think it's a great idea. I show everything Disney to my children. It doesn't take away from the excitment. It makes them ready to go even more!!

Thanks for the info. I did get the 2002 planning video and the kids saw it, although I don't remember really seeing much of the actual rides. I have heard there are some videos/DVD's about the parks with inside views. ...have not heard where to get them. I did just realize that we still have several "Sing-Along-Songs" videos around, and they show lots of stuff. We got out the water park one last night and they loved looking at everything and planning! Someone told me the Halloween one is inside the Haunted Mansion. This is such a great site - everyone is so helpful and it is so much fun to do my Disney dreaming with other folks!!! 29 days!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter