Getting the Feel for DISBoards

Discussion in 'Welcome to the DIS' started by Shughart12, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Shughart12

Shughart12 Earning My Ears

Hey everyone! I've been a long time reader but as you can, this is my first time posting. I'm currently planning a trip for May of this year and on this trip on plan on proposing to my girlfriend of three years! :love: I'll soon be creating a thread detailing all of my plans which I will spread out from now until the time we go. After we return from the trip, I'll post my trip report and let you all know how the proposal went.

Stay tuned!

2. Marytheresa

Marytheresa Earning My Ears

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Marytheresa

Congratulations- is she a Disney fanatic to

5. Marytheresa

Hi I’m Mary a big lover of all things Disney - I’m just trying to navigate through - I do know most abbreviations

6. Shughart12

Shughart12 Earning My Ears

She is! We are both getting super excited for the trip as it is only 79 days away!!

Marytheresa likes this.
  7. krisb1969

krisb1969 Earning My Ears

What a wonderful place to pop the question! Congrats and good luck!

8. I'm going to Disney

I'm going to Disney Earning My Ears

Disney would be a really fun place to 'pop the question'. You must be super excited! Can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!

9. RHMH

RHMH FTW Texas

:welcome: Dis-Friend --- :disrocks:

:teleport: to Disney is the fastest way to get there.

10. WorldWalker18

WorldWalker18 Mouseketeer

Happy planning and looking forward to the updates!:wave2:

11. WDW Sock Puppet

WDW Sock Puppet Earning My Ears

I can't think of a better place to propose. Great thinking!

12. eriemickey

eriemickey Earning My Ears

New at this could I get a few tips on cruise ing around here thx

13. BrianL

BrianL Doom Buggy Driver

Do you mean tips on "cruising" the site or cruising with Disney? The latter is easy as there is a dedicated board for Disney Cruise Lines: https://www.disboards.com/forums/disney-cruise-line-forum.9/

If you just mean getting around the DIS, the most active board is for Walt Disney World trip planning and is called Theme Parks, Attractions, and Strategies (TPAS): https://www.disboards.com/forums/theme-parks-attractions-and-strategies.2/

That's the board to ask questions about a WDW trip and you will finds lots of helpful information. If you want to talk about Disneyland Resort, you can look further down and find a section for that: https://www.disboards.com/forums/disneyland-california.26/

Most everything related to DLR and Southern California, is discussed there and most other forums skew to be WDW specific.

There is even a section for Universal Studios: https://www.disboards.com/forums/universal-studios-islands-of-adventure-forums.30/

There are lots of other boards too. There are special sections for Adults and Solos, Restaurants, Resort Hotels, Transportation, etc. There is also a very active Community Board, for just general, sometimes non-Disney related chat. If you are planning a trip or just want to talk about WDW, I'd start with TPAS (planning stuff goes on the main board and just general chat can go on the Theme Parks Community sub-board which you can find at the top). Otherwise, just poke around and have fun. Don't worry, if you post something in the wrong place, someone will help you and a Mod can probably move the thread.

Welcome and have fun!

14. Jadyreen1282

Jadyreen1282 DIS Veteran

Hide the ring well!

15. dj7676

dj7676 DJ7676

Thanks for all the great info here!

16. DMaciag

DMaciag Earning My Ears

I’m still earning my ears.

17. desl10

desl10 Earning My Ears

Welcome! I have always been a reader of this board but planning for December! hoping to get my questions answered here too!!