Getting makeup done at dept. store?

allison443

DIS Veteran
My daughter (16 yrs old) has a special occasion coming up and would like to have her makeup done. Does anyone know if you can get makeup done at the counters at the department stores, example, like at Macy's? Of course I would expect to buy some of the products they used. She likes MAC cosmetics. Can you make an appointment?
I don't know anything about this so hopefully someone can help! Thank you!

The last time I stopped by the Mac counter at Macy´s the lady offered to do my make-up and let me try some new products. It was great. I ended up buying $100 worth of products but I probably would have done that anyway, lol.

My DD always did this for Prom and also for her Senior Portraits.

She likes Clinique makeup (and the Clinique make-up artist). We always called ahead and made an appointment. We also bought at least 2-3 products at the time of the makeover.

ETA: We always go to The Bon Ton.

Here, so many girls have their makeup done prior to dances they actually take appointments at the department stores.

Yes, and you can usually make an appt with the counter you'd like to have it done at. They just expect you to buy a few items =)

When DS got married his DF and I made appointments to get our makeup done. We both bought a couple of things.

My stepdaughter just graduated from high school in May so between 4 homecomings, 2 proms and a wedding she was in, we have been to the counters a few times;) I by far like the Chanel counter best. I think MAC is too heavy for kids their age....the make up artists there (and I personally know 2) are trained in a "theatrical" type style. Clinique is pretty but looks too "every-day" to me. I have seen several of my daughter's friends come away from the Clinique counter, ready for the dance, and it looks like they are ready for school or church. Chanel has alot of the same dramatic colors as MAC but they do a phenominal job. They always asked the color and style of her dress and matched her makeup perfectly. If I had to pick a second choice........I would go with MAC and stress to them not to go over board or even Bobbi Brown. They do a decent job. But if you can get her an appointment with the make up artist at the Chanel counter that would be your best bet in my opinion. Where I live it is free but they would like you to buy something. (kind of like going out to eat....a tip is expected but you don't have to) I always bought her the lipstick they used and/or the lip gloss. That way she could touch up throughout the night. Hope she has a great time!!:goodvibes

I went to my salon for my wedding make up. I just bought the lipstick for touch up. Make up lasted all day, fresh and nice looking. But all brides look beautiful!
dianne

Thanks everyone for the responses! I am going to make arrangements this week. I appreciate the help :thumbsup2

My best friend was a MAC counter manager for several years. They charged a $30 sitting fee which was redeemable in product. I agree with the above poster about the heavy use, however with some communication to the artist you should be able to get the look you want.

MAC makeup artists are some of the better trained (technique wise) at the dept. store level. They are also the edgiest, so don't be afraid to voice you thoughts and opinions of their choices.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter