Getting from MK to MGM

saldape

Earning My Ears
Could someone please help me figure out the best way to get from the Magic Kingdom to MGM Studios? I've been told I could take the Monorail to Epcot and then take the ferry to MGM Studios, but that could take a while. Do the buses run directly from park to park? I'm looking for the easiest and quickest way possible. Thanks!

The two best options:

1) Walk to the Contemporary and take the MGM bus

2) Monorail to the TTC and catch the MGM bus. Park-to-park buses for AK and MGM run to the TTC, not directly to the MK.

Depending on wait time for monorail and bus, I would figure at least 45 min.

From MK to AK (monorail to TTC, bus to AK) took us about an hour. We had at least a 20 minute wait for the AK bus, and there were several people already waiting there when we got there. It was easy enough, just frsutratingly long.

I think that was the first time EVER I ever hopped directly from one park to another. The few times we do hop, we usually spend some time at the resort in-between parks.

Fastest option early in the day is definitely walking to the Contemporary and taking the MGM bus from there.

The second fastest is taking the MK direct bus to the Boardwalk resort, then walking from there to MGM on the path along the lake. This option may actually be faster later in the day, when more people are leaving parks than heading to them.

Either way, you'll get there faster if you spend the time when you are not on a vehicle walking, rather than waiting to transfer from one vehicle to the next.
I have always found that there tends to be a long wait between the park-to-park buses; I once waited a full hour at Epcot for a direct bus to DAK.

[Edited to correct name of resort: I meant to say the CR, not the Poly.]

The transportation wizard on the laughing place is terrible. It's never updated. It has bus routes that haven't existed in years such as the bus from CSR to BW. It also uses EPCOT as a transfer point to the EPCOT resorts. Requires a long walk through EPCOT and park admission. The right answer is to use the studios. I sent them a PM years ago, they thanked me and said they would update it. NEVER HAPPENED

Walking to the Contemporary and then taking a bus to the studios is going to be the fastest way to go.

Thanks for letting us know that, I've been basing things on the information from their site. :scared1:

Anyone know of another site that has more up to date info?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter