Getting from MCO(airport) to Port Canaveral?

lisagirl88

Mouseketeer
What is the cheapest way to get from the Airport to port canaveral. We are a family of 4, 2adults and 2 young kids? I was thinking of taking a shuttle service. These seemed to range from $76 and up for four people. Anyone have any other good ideas?

Usually the least expensive way is to do one way car rentals. Dollar/Thrifty, Avis, Budget & Hertz all have locations at the port and offer free shuttle to/from their location to/from the port. It is a very easy drive from MCO to the port - about 45-60 minutes.

The least expensive tends to be a one way car rental from the airport to Cape Canaveral where most of the majors have offices with a shuttle service from there to the pier (but chk...not ALL have shuttles)

Dad can drop mom and kids at the terminal - with the documents - and while dad returns the car and takes shuttle back, mom checks in. By the time dad gets there you walk on board ....

Many couple this with a day early arrival - for stress reduction - and a nite in Cape Canaveral / Cocoa Beach.

With one of the zillions of discounts out there, a one way one day car rental can be very cost effective. The drive is EASY - the airport to the port/Cape Canaveral is a straight shot.... And only about 45 miles so gas isn't a concern. One toll $1.25.

But that same 45 miles make a taxi out of the question and shuttles have their good ones and their bad ones.....

Right now I believe Hertz location wins the closest to the DCL pier contest...but the real estate wars continue!

p.s. when checking companies...you want a location in Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach. Port Canaveral is not a 'town' and there is no rental agency with that address.

I will have to look into renting a car. My only concern is that I have two young children who will have to have carseats. Aren't those extra when renting a car? Thanks for all of the helpful info!!!

I will have to look into renting a car. My only concern is that I have two young children who will have to have carseats. Aren't those extra when renting a car? Thanks for all of the helpful info!!!

Hmm ... additional factor

I'm not sure about cost, but certainly I've seen rental agencies providing car seats. You're not using yours on the plane? You'll need some....

To confuse the issue....the shuttles you've looked at, did they offer car seats? I dunno how that works.

We used the DCL transfers for several of our cruises (we live local now but didn't always) and altho $$ SOMETIMES they offer the least hassle option. I never saw a car seat on a DCL bus. Would you worry about car seats if you were on Disney (MEARS) bus? Are they required on a bus? Which is not a comment by me as to what you should do .... just a suggestion that it may be time to rethink options versus dollars and time and car seats, with this additional information.

We have used Florida Tours 3 times and they were great. We will probably use them again on our next cruise in June 09. They give you that personal
touch without any of the hassels. When comparing the cost, it seemed like the better deal for us. Each to their own. Good luck with whatever you do.

Dianna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter