Getting DisneySea 1 day tickets w/Fantasy Springs at 2 month window? Hotel package tickets for 2, room for 4?

twinstar2

Earning My Ears
When the 2 month park reservation window opens, is DisneySea with access to Fantasy Springs going to be already sold out, or is there a chance of snagging tickets online?

My family of 4 is going to be in Tokyo from June 13-22 and my 6yo DD would love to see Arandelle and the rest of DisneySea. However, my husband and 12 year old son have no interest in Disney, and would prefer do do other sightseeing. With the Disney Tokyo hotel packages, is it possible to book a package for 2, but choose a room that accommodates 4? Would they allow the 3rd and 4th person to stay in the room? I'm guessing it probably makes the most sense for DH and DS to just stay in the area of Tokyo that they want to see in a cheaper hotel (ie, a tiny room that's perfect for 2!).

Are the hotel packages cancellable/refundable if we change plans?

Last edited:
You cannot purchase access into Fantasy Springs via a ticket, unfortunately.

There are three ways to get into Fantasy Springs:
  • Have a reservation for the Fantasy Springs Hotel and purchase a 1-day FS passport (hotel is 100% sold out for June, and near impossible to book even for future months)
  • Have a vacation package which includes a 1-day FS passport (there is still availability for June)
  • Roll the dice and pray you can get a premier access or standby pass for one of the Fantasy Springs attractions AFTER scanning into DisneySea, but will almost certainly require lining up several hours before park opening for no guarantee as pass quantities will be limited
    • People will absolutely be lining up at 4AM or earlier, and I would bet that passes will run out before everyone even scans into the park at park opening...we will know more after the first couple days of the land being open
With vacation packages you have to pay per person and you can't just do 2 out of 4 people staying in the room, you'd have to pay for all four. So you'd probably be better off doing a one night, two person package for just you and DD, and then having DH and DS stay in their cheaper Tokyo hotel (since package costs are incredibly expensive per person). Japan is very strict about number of people per room and paying for all of them.

For packages, I believe the full refund period is 21 days prior to check in, and for hotel only it is 14 days. After that you get only a % back depending on how many days out.

A one night package will come with Disneyland tickets for check-in day, and a Fantasy Springs pass (includes DisneySea entry) for the checkout day. It will still be very expensive...I picked one of your dates and it is about $1200 USD for the one night, two person package at the cheapest hotel (Toy Story). For comparison, booking just the room alone would be closer to $250. Note that Toy Story room-only is mostly sold out for June so dates are limited, but they do pop up if you check frequently.

So you have to decide, is all that extra $ worth it for guaranteed Fantasy Springs access. If you think so, I would book the package ASAP as pickings are getting very slim for June. I think it will be VERY hard to get a standby/premier pass in June since the land will be very new, so I would not expect to get in via that method.

Check out the dedicated thread here for more info: https://www.disboards.com/threads/f...g-june-6th-2024.3933018/page-11#post-65365234

Thank you so much Hanna for generously taking the time to lay that all out for me! I don’t see us returning to Tokyo anytime soon, so it might be worth the splurge; just DD and I could even do a bedshare. i went thru the hotel package process and for attraction selection, there’s an item that lists several rides. Does that get you a special pass? Of the other reservable rides DD would only want BATB; would it be a bad use of the selections to reserve it twice? How much time between the reservations is realistic? How does this sound- 6:30 breakfast, 9am BATB, 11am Minnie salon, 2pm BATB, 4:30 dinner? Why aren’t there more reservable DisneySea attractions; are they already sold out? Also I think I read that the fantasy 1 day pass isn’t available to Toy Story hotel guests.

Thank you so much Hanna for generously taking the time to lay that all out for me! I don’t see us returning to Tokyo anytime soon, so it might be worth the splurge; just DD and I could even do a bedshare. i went thru the hotel package process and for attraction selection, there’s an item that lists several rides. Does that get you a special pass? Of the other reservable rides DD would only want BATB; would it be a bad use of the selections to reserve it twice? How much time between the reservations is realistic? How does this sound- 6:30 breakfast, 9am BATB, 11am Minnie salon, 2pm BATB, 4:30 dinner? Why aren’t there more reservable DisneySea attractions; are they already sold out? Also I think I read that the fantasy 1 day pass isn’t available to Toy Story hotel guests.
The package allows you to get reserved passes for attractions! You get to go in the premier/priority access line which is like a fast pass, so your wait should be pretty short. They are basically the same ones that you can buy when you scan into the parks but you get them ahead of time, so you don't have to worry about trying to buy them at park opening and throughout the day. I'm planning my 1st trip as well so I don't know all of the details, but I think the passes you get through the vacation package are printed tickets and are separate from the ones you buy in the app in the parks, so you could technically pre-book BATB for both your passes, and then buy additional BATB passes once in the park in theory. I am also booking two passes for BATB since I know I will want to ride twice and it sells out so fast! I don't think multiple BATB is a "bad use" since the selections you choose will chance the package price, they're not a fixed price per slot, so if you want to ride BATB twice you should book it twice.

Sounds like you're looking at the attractions and more package, which is fewer attraction passes and then you get the character greeting and optional dinner (I think you can select no dinner).There is also a "more attractions" package option which doesn't include the character greeting or dinner and gives you an extra attraction pass instead, which is what I'm doing. You can change the attraction selections after booking, it may change the price slightly (they will refund you the package charge and do a new charge) but you're not committed to your choices until closer to the trip.

I am putting most of my reservations later in the day so I can book the free 40th priority passes and purchase a few other paid premier passes in the morning, while they are still available. Then I will use my vacation package passes in the afternoon/evening. I would definitely space things out since you don't want to be late to anything. Your times look far enough apart but I'd maybe push the 9AM BATB later so that you can take advantage of the free 40th passes first thing in the morning.

Toy Story vacation packages include the 1-day pass for Fantasy Springs! It just doesn't come with happy entry for DisneySea anymore, but with the guaranteed pass you don't need to worry about getting in early.

The TDR Explorer on Youtube just did a great video on the vacation package that I recommend watching!

This here should outline the differences in the passes which you book in the app once in the parks:
https://www.tokyodisneyresort.jp/en/tdr/guide/app_service.html

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the passes that come with your vacation package basically function like additional premier access passes, and are separate from the ones you book in the app, so you can have all of your passes booked with your package and then still book premier and 40th passes as soon as you get into the parks (which is why I am stacking my vacation package passes for later in the day). I think a majority of the rides in DisneySea are under the free 40th priority pass, and not the paid premier pass, which is why you don't see as many options for pre-booking in the package...but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but the passes that come with your vacation package basically function like additional premier access passes, and are separate from the ones you book in the app, so you can have all of your passes booked with your package and then still book premier and 40th passes as soon as you get into the parks (which is why I am stacking my vacation package passes for later in the day). I think a majority of the rides in DisneySea are under the free 40th priority pass, and not the paid premier pass, which is why you don't see as many options for pre-booking in the package...but I could be wrong.

The only exception to this is Fantasy Springs. You cannot book FS premier or priority passes if you have an FS day pass. However, it wouldn't make sense to do that anyway, since you get unlimited access to all of the rides in FS through the premier lane or standby pass lane for Tink only. Otherwise, you can book/buy whatever want/can in addition to the vacation package attraction passes.

Thank you for this explanation. I've been following the other thread, but it's helpful to see things laid out in one place!

I'm wondering the best way to manage the check-in day if staying off site. How early can you check in (get your tickets)? For example, if I stay at the Hilton, can I pop over to the Toy Story Hotel at 6am to check in and grab tickets? I know I can't actually access the room until much later!

Thank you for this explanation. I've been following the other thread, but it's helpful to see things laid out in one place!

I'm wondering the best way to manage the check-in day if staying off site. How early can you check in (get your tickets)? For example, if I stay at the Hilton, can I pop over to the Toy Story Hotel at 6am to check in and grab tickets? I know I can't actually access the room until much later!
I believe you can pick up your package tickets at 7AM! Hilton and Toy Story are right next to each other so super convenient.

I believe you can pick up your package tickets at 7AM! Hilton and Toy Story are right next to each other so super convenient.
I've read/heard that, too, but I've also read you might be able to pick it up the package tickets the night before. I'm hoping someone tries it and reports back.

I've read/heard that, too, but I've also read you might be able to pick it up the package tickets the night before. I'm hoping someone tries it and reports back.
Toy Story will not let you into their grounds until your check-in day! I believe it is the only hotel limiting access like this. I think people sometimes pick up their package the night before if they have a room-only stay at that hotel the night before their package but I don't think it's guaranteed.

I just wanted to give you guys the heads up that if you get the capital one shopping they are giving big rewards back for booking and purchases on Get Your guide (25%) and Klook (16%). The trick to get the bigger rewards is poke around on the sites with the capital one shopping widget enabled and you will get an email a day or two later with the come back and book and the bigger reward. I just booked a few tours on GYG at 25% off, the rewards will post after the experience is completed.

I just wanted to give you guys the heads up that if you get the capital one shopping they are giving big rewards back for booking and purchases on Get Your guide (25%) and Klook (16%). The trick to get the bigger rewards is poke around on the sites with the capital one shopping widget enabled and you will get an email a day or two later with the come back and book and the bigger reward. I just booked a few tours on GYG at 25% off, the rewards will post after the experience is completed.

Possibly targeted so not available to everyone. Also, Klook has been specifically excluding bookings for experiences within Japan from cashback portals lately or giving only a tiny fraction of the advertised cashback rate. Check the terms & conditions.

Possibly targeted so not available to everyone. Also, Klook has been specifically excluding bookings for experiences within Japan from cashback portals lately or giving only a tiny fraction of the advertised cashback rate. Check the terms & conditions.
I will check good to know, the 25% for GYG definitely worked as I got the confirmation emails about the rebate from Capital One. I’m getting our JR rail and universal tickets through Klook next month as it’s so early to book it so I don’t know yet about that rebate. Typically the confirmation of the rebate has come about 2 days after the purchase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter