Getting DAS pass while traveling to Disney alone

NightGuardianAngel

Mouseketeer
Also, can a person on the autism spectrum who is traveling alone to Disney get the DAS pass if they are a party of one? I feel like to qualify for the DAS pass, I should not be required to travel with and be chaperoned by an abled bodied person that is not disabled to rely upon by Federal Law.

Also, can a person on the autism spectrum who is traveling alone to Disney get the DAS pass if they are a party of one? I feel like to qualify for the DAS pass, I should not be required to travel with and be chaperoned by an abled bodied person that is not disabled to rely upon by Federal Law.
you are not required to have a chaperone unless you are under 14. you will have to explain why you need the DAS just like anyone else at GS or by video chat prior to arrival.

Whoever told you that you needed a chaperone by federal law was incorrect, unless you are talking about a park in a different country other than the USA - but do they even have DAS there? I thought other countries had different standards for disability access, so they had something a bit different than DAS. In the USA, you do not need a chaperone if you are old enough to enter the parks by yourself - which Betty pointed out is at age 14.

Thanks for the info. I was wondering because I read it off of a website, but realized it was on Disney in Tokyo Japan’s website (in which I am not familiar with Japanese law and ADA only applies in the United States), but I am so happy that such requirement does not apply in the United States.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter