Getting Confused - Help Appreciated

ajgardner

DIS Veteran
I will try to not make this confusing. My two young adult children (16 & 21), my husband, and I are doing a 4-night stay before our cruise. We booked two separate rooms (usually we stay in one room), so we have two separate reservations that are both in my account. My parents would like to go down a few days earlier than us and meet up with us there (they are not going on the cruise). I have them in my Friends & Family so I was going to book for them through my account because they do not have any technology skills and it would just make things easier. So here's where my questions get to dining:

1. My parents will be eligible to book restaurants a few days earlier than we would be. But since it's in my account and my name is not on that reservation, will I be able to go in at their 60 days and book dining for them for the length of their trip?
2. If so, on the days that they meet up with us can I book the dining for 6 people even though only 2 of them are eligible at the time (it would be their 60+3 on our arrival day)?
3. Who would be the lead person on the reservation? Would it be me since I'm the account holder or one of them since it's their names on the reservations?
4. Lastly, because of their age and health, it is possible they will decide to not go. If they cancel after dining reservations are made - will the dining reservations still be there? I wouldn't want to lose the reservations that include my family or would those be safe?

I could create an account for them and just manage it myself but was trying to save myself from having to deal with two separate accounts. If I did decide to create their own account, I would still want to know the answers to questions #2 and #4.

Last edited:
2. yes you can make for any size
4. yes the reservations are safe as long as they are in the regular booking window after they cancel their stay

Hopefully someone else will weigh in on 1 & 3 because while I think I know the answer I am not certain (I believe it has to be the account of the hotel reservation booking "owner" and they have to be lead on the reservation)

I will try to not make this confusing. My two young adult children (16 & 21), my husband, and I are doing a 4-night stay before our cruise. We booked two separate rooms (usually we stay in one room), so we have two separate reservations that are both in my account. My parents would like to go down a few days earlier than us and meet up with us there (they are not going on the cruise). I have them in my Friends & Family so I was going to book for them through my account because they do not have any technology skills and it would just make things easier. So here's where my questions get to dining:

1. My parents will be eligible to book restaurants a few days earlier than we would be. But since it's in my account and my name is not on that reservation, will I be able to go in at their 60 days and book dining for them for the length of their trip?
2. If so, on the days that they meet up with us can I book the dining for 6 people even though only 2 of them are eligible at the time (it would be their 60+3 on our arrival day)?
3. Who would be the lead person on the reservation? Would it be me since I'm the account holder or one of them since it's their names on the reservations?
4. Lastly, because of their age and health, it is possible they will decide to not go. If they cancel after dining reservations are made - will the dining reservations still be there? I wouldn't want to lose the reservations that include my family or would those be safe?

I could create an account for them and just manage it myself but was trying to save myself from having to deal with two separate accounts. If I did decide to create their own account, I would still want to know the answers to questions #2 and #4.

1. Yes
2. Yes, you can make reservations for as many people as you'd like once a reservation window opens
3. It can be anyone listed in your MDE account - when you get to the part of the reservation process that asks for the lead guest name, there will be a drop-down menu to pick a person
4. Dining reservations are not tied to resort reservations. If you cancel a resort, the dining reservations remain, so make sure to cancel any that you won't be using to avoid no-show fees

You can set anyone you want as the person "managing" the ADR, but be aware that only that person will be able to modify or cancel the ADR, so they need their own MDE account. It's not required that you link or list any of the other guests on an ADR; if you link someone who has their own MDE account, the ADR will show in their plans, but other than that there's no requirement to link anyone.

When checking in for an ADR, all that's needed is the name of the lead guest (the one managing the ADR) and the time of the ADR. Having the confirmation number available is useful if the CM can't find the ADR in their list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter