Getting back to Wilderness Lodge from ESPN Zone

mom2princesses2

DIS Veteran
Ok, my DH is INSISTING on being in front of a TV at 8 p.m. for the PSU v. Alabama game on Sept. 10th :rolleyes2 despite the fact we will be in Disney.

We are staying at Wilderness Lodge. MK closes at 7 p.m. for NOJ. Most of the other parks will be closed by that time also so I'm thinking we might not be able to take a bus from Boardwalk to a park and then another one to WL unless they will be running them late for MK for NOJ. The game won't get over until after 11.

Any suggests as to the best way to get back to WL that evening via Disney transporation?

If you can fill me in on what NOJ is, I might be able to help out with your question.

If it's a hard-ticketed event at MK, then there would be bus transportation to MK from the resorts until probably midnight or so. Then you could bus or boat from MK to WL. But "NOJ" is wild card in this scenario.

There would not be a direct way. My advice, go thru the Boardwalk and ask the Bell Captain to call you a cab. It will be direct and quick.

NOJ = Night of Joy, a hard ticketed event

I agree with NJ Goofy - get a cab. Yes, you could get a bus from BoardWalk to MK and then a boat to WL, but it will take forever, and if your timing is bad, you could be stuck waiting behind a big crowd heading for MK or leaving from MK.

Bus from BW to DTD and then to WL but IMHO the buses to/from DTD are the slowest of all.

Bus from BW to MK and then boat/bus to WL. The transportation will be running until well after NOJ.

If it happens to be an EMH at the DS, walk or take a boat to DS and then a bus to the WL

If it happens to be an EMH at Epcot and you have a PH or visited Epcot that day then walk through Epcot and take a bus to the WL.

However, hands down......My choice would be a cab- just budget a little extra cash and make your night easier!

Is the ESPN Zone still open? I'd hear that all locations except LA and Anaheim had closed about two months ago.

September 10th is an EMH evening at Epcot. If you have an AP or hoppers or are already going to Epcot that day you can walk through Epcot and get a bus from there.

ESPN Club at Boardwalk will remain open according to the press release that was reported here on the boards. Most of the ESPN Zones have been shut down or are in the process of closing.

The last place I would go to would be ESPN Club, it can be very crowded and noisy and can be difficult to get a seat if there is a lot of big games, be it football or baseball.
Why not just go back to WL and watch the game at Territory Lounge I recall there being a couple of TVs there, and he could still enjoy his favorite liquid refreshment, while sitting in a comfortable lounge chair, and actually be able to hear the game not just watch it.

Is the ESPN Zone still open? I'd hear that all locations except LA and Anaheim had closed about two months ago.

The location at WDW is not an ESPN Zone, it's an ESPN Club. They don't have the large arcade game area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter