getting back in.....

frsttimers

Proud Wife of a U.S. Sailor
My family will be at Disney World 12/29 - 1/05. We are planning on doing MK on the 30th and 31st....I know that it will be VERY busy and my question is how hard will it be to get back in to the park if we leave for an afternoon rest???? Should we just plan to stay all day?

I'm not nearly as knowledgable as most of these people but we were in MK for NYE in 1997/1998 and the park closed due to capacity at 10am. We will be there again this year and just plan to stay in the park that day. There are plenty of places in the park to take a rest. Our favorite is Tom Sawyer's Island. Wave to us if you see us! :wave2:

Thanks for the quick answer!!! I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for DISers!!!! Hope to see you there!

There are different phases of closing -- are you staying on property?

No...not for those days...we'll be moving to shades of green for the last half but unfortunately not the 30th and 31st......i read that if you leave the park you get a hand stamp but was curious as to whether that would get you back in if the park was closed because it was full......

I have been there for the past 2 NYE and MK has closed to all guests(including resort guests) by 10am. It is very crowded and we have not chosen to go to MK for that reason. It is highly unlikely you would be able to re-enter later in the day, but you might. We started the day and MGM and then went to Epcot around 4pm and had no problem entering then. Be prepared for lots of company.
Connie

We've done New Year's Eve there twice. Go early and STAY. Get a locker underneath the train station for your after-sundown warmer clothes like sweatshirts, etc. Bring clothes for layering, if the evening is going to be cold. You're going to be outdoors for several hours. The park will be busy, busy, busy. Take it easy. If it's feasible, have a restful restaurant meal to re-charge for the evening. There should be free hats and nosie makers available starting late in the afternoon. If you collect the pins, be on the lookout for special New Year's Eve pins at the pin carts. The final hours before midnight go fast - parade and fireworks. Then at midnight more fireworks. Confetti flies from the buildings on Main Street. After midnight, the monorail, buses, boats run for at least two hours. So you don't have to leave the MK in the first crush of people. Sit on a bench and just enjoy being there. Have FUN!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter