getting a job after CP

rbrainerd

Mouseketeer
When is it that you can apply for a regular full or part time job after you do the CP? I would think you would have to not be under contract with your CP do to so. I would like to know if I can get a job and if so have it close to when my CP ends. Thanks in advance for any help.

(Reposted, in part, from another post of mine)

Walt Disney World Resort

Disney College Program and Disney CareerStart Program Participants at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida are invited to apply for Full Time, Casual Regular and Casual Temporary positions once their program has completed.

All applications are handled through Internal Casting and are regarded as Hourly Transfers, to be judged on the same basis as Transfer Applications from our Regular-Status Cast. Applicants must meet Transfer Guidelines, consisting of the following:
  • No more than 5 Attendance (Late, Call In, Call Sick, No Call No Show) Notations on the Supervisor's Record Card (not to include Authorised Days Off (ADO) and Early Shift Releases (ROS)) within the past six months.
  • No more than 1 Reprimand in the past six months.

At this time, WD Parks and Resorts US, Inc. does not offer housing to non-internship Cast Members. Applicants should have a reliable means of transportation to and from the Walt Disney World Resort, regardless of shift start and end times.

Interested Participants should schedule an appointment with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Florida-Site Internal Casting no sooner than six weeks before their Program End Date. Please contact Internal Casting on (407) 828-1000 for more information or to schedule an appointment.

Full Time Positions are paid a competetive wage and receive a full range of benefits as part of the Disney Difference. In most Hourly Guest Service positions, they must maintain a minimum of 32 paid hours per week, including Paid Vacation and Sick Leave.

Casual Regular (Part Time) positions require at least two days of availability per week and generally work 25 hours or less per week.

Casual Temporary (Seasonal) positions generally require at least 40 hours of work per year, with several weeks of initial availability for training.

Participants interested in obtaining a CT position in their area should contact their Salaried Leader. Participants interested in transferring to a CT position in another area should contact Internal Casting as directed above.

Disneyland Resort

At the Disneyland Resort, Disney College Program and Disney CareerStart Program Participants who wish to "roll over" into a Casual Regular position with the Resort should complete and submit a CR Conversion Application to Cast Scheduling. Please note that CR status requires Full Availability after 1800 on Fridays, as well as Full Availability on Saturdays, Sundays, and during all Peak Seasons.

Participants who do roll over with lose their CP Seniority. Their new Seniority date will be determined by the Collective Bargaining Agreement in place in their Line of Business.

DLR Participants wishing to convert into a Full Time role should monitor their area for Full Time Opportunity Postings and submit an application to convert, which will be considered according to CBA Requirements. Participants wishing to maintain their status while doing this should convert to a CR role.

Please note that RFT Roles require Full Availability, and must maintain a minimum average of 30 paid hours per week.

DLR Participants wishing to convert into a Casual Temporary role should submit a Drop Status form to Cast Scheduling.

Please note that CT roles are only scheduled to work during Peak Seasons.

Participants wishing to transfer into any position outside of their current position should contact Walt Disney Parks and Resorts California-Site Casting Services on (800) 766-0888. They can also visit the Casting Center, located in the Team Disney Anaheim building behind Disneyland Park.

At this time, WD Parks and Resorts US, Inc. does not offer housing to non-internship Cast Members. Applicants should have a reliable means of transportation to and from the Disneyland Resort, regardless of shift start and end times.

If you're considering staying after the program, alot has to go into consideration. You'd have to do the numbers very carefully. I have a few friends who stayed after the program. Some are living. Some are getting by. Some are surviving.

DD was a CP in costuming, went seasonal and then shortly after on " Part Time" status, but is working lots and lots of hours. ( some weeks it is 50 plus) Living in Orlando on WDW pay is hard. But she loves being there!

Ha, my DD and I share this sign in name and I just seen this post she made. She also works in costuming as a CP and I know as a CP she works tons of hours. She would love to continue in costuming but I think she said there are not any openings. She will be staying in our condo which is like 5 miles from Disney..so she has a little of an advantage in paying cheap rent :) She works at HS and loves it so much. I am sure she will be happy and a little more encouraged to see your post.

Just to add to this, it's recently been clarified to me that Disney College Program and Disney CareerStart Program Participants at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida may also submit their Full Time/Casual Regular conversion requests, as well as their Casual Temporary Conversion/Transfer requests, on The Hub, the company's internal website.

They should submit their requests to the "Hourly Transfer Request" module on The Hub. For most Hourly roles, approved applicants for conversion will be automatically transfered into their new role and area. Florida-Site Internal Casting will notify them by telephone of the transfer, and their transfer date. Their new area will also contact them by telephone to inform them of their training schedule.

Several roles, particularly those which have Participants transferring from Union to Non-Union roles, or vice versa; as well as those which require extensive Guest Contact (such as Front Desk, Concierge and Vacation Planning), may require an interview with Florida-Site Casting Services. The online application will alert applicants if an interview is required, and give them directions on how to schedule one.

Applicants do retain the option of contacting Internal Casting directly.

DD was a CP in costuming, went seasonal and then shortly after on " Part Time" status, but is working lots and lots of hours. ( some weeks it is 50 plus) Living in Orlando on WDW pay is hard. But she loves being there!

Just a note on this.

The Service Trades Council Union Collective Bargaining Agreement, which also covers Costuming, technically only permits Casual Regular (Part Time) Cast Members to work 25 hours or less per week.

Casual Regular Cast Members who work 25+ hours per week over a prolonged period of time (approximately 6-8 months out of 12) are subject to "capping" and will only be scheduled a maximum of 25 hours per week, as well as being prohibited from picking up any extra shifts or hours of any sort.

This can be a very bad thing for the CR Cast Member who doesn't see it coming, and then suddenly has to rearrange their budget dramatically.

Thanks for the info. Doing the college program this Spring (2nd time). Was thinking about going full-time next Fall.

So my son is on his extension in the DCP - he was just asked if he wanted to extend for 2 months in the summer. He filled out the paperwork but asked to do a different role - he received a letter saying that his record card didn’t allow him to change positions - but that he is being considered for same role same location. How does this work after DCP is over and he applies for a ft/pt position? He has been doing much better and his record card has been clean from Jan - to now! Thanks def need input!

My DD was a CP in merchandise. Got an extension. Then seasonal, part-time and finally her dream - photopass full time at AK. She struggled to make ends meet. Took a job at Disney Springs to fill the gap (the stores there are very Disney friendly and intertwined her schedule to make it work at both places) She found roommates to live with in the Disney Area (she had to find them on line) Stayed for 2 years. loved it, but missed family

DCP=Disney College Program CP=college Program person (my DD is a CP working at AOA)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts