Getaway Today Character Meal Vouchers

The CM on the phone made it seem like holiday season. We are going the Thursday-Monday BEFORE Thanksgiving and he didn't know if they would be inflated by then our not. Our past experiences at that time they were not inflated. But you never know!!! We have always used the AAA 10% discount but the vouchers seem to be a bigger savings after I did the math.

I don't know if this will affect you or not but when we went in Dec '08 we weren't aware of how the voucher worked. We had ordered packages from GAT many times but this time we only ordered the Character Breakfast. We love GAT by the way!!!:banana:
The GAT people told us they would send the voucher (online) to the hotel where we were staying which was DLH. When we got there and checked in we didn't notice it wasn't in our pack of stuff they gave us. Our breakfast was about 4 days after we checked in at Paradise Pier. The morning we got to the breakfast we ate and then it dawned on us ........ duh, we don't have our voucher. We thought it might have been sent to Paradise Pier since that's where the Character Breakfast was. We talked to the manager who could not have been nicer. (Gawd I love Disney CM's) He went to check at the Paradise Pier front desk and came back apologising profusely for the mix up. He said the computers weren't linked between the resort hotels and the voucher was back at the DLH. He apologized again and again which we kept telling him he didn't have to do cause it was us being clueless! Since my DH is tall (6'5") with long legs he just walked back to the hotel and got the voucher from the front desk and was back within about 10 minutes. The entire time he was gone, both the manager and our server and Stitch kept visiting me at the table to see if I needed anything. The place was incredible. Love Love Love it and GAT!!!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

Can anyone direct me to the area to purchase the vouchers? I am on the getawaytoday.com site and can only see park tickets. Do you have to purchase a package from them in order to buy meal vouchers? We plan on eating at Goofy's Kitchen for dinner on our first night and I want to see if these will work for us.

TIA!

I just did this and it was $96.00 for the breakfast and $121.50 for Goofy's {3 adults and 1 child}...so that is not really bad at all... even with the AAA discount we used last year, I think we paid like $130 at Goofy's {if I recall right}

Can anyone direct me to the area to purchase the vouchers? I am on the getawaytoday.com site and can only see park tickets. Do you have to purchase a package from them in order to buy meal vouchers? We plan on eating at Goofy's Kitchen for dinner on our first night and I want to see if these will work for us.

TIA!

Look under tickets, then Disneyland and they should be right under the park hoppers on the same page

TIA!

When you pull up the "tickets" section, make sure you've selected "disneyland" and then _also_ select the _type_ "dining". Then you will see the various character meals to choose from.

go to tickets then there is a pull down that says attrations and change it to dining.

Okay, I just talked to Getaway and they said they will buy back the vouchers from you if you are unable to use them (minus a $10 fee). So, I think these are well worth the money during peak summer times.

Ariel's lunch is over $39 for an adult this July! That "peak" pricing is significantly higher. The vouchers will save us a lot.

ETA: Now I just got an email from Getaway confirming the vouchers do expire 12/31/08

I have been trying to get on GAT site to order vouchers and can't do it. I keep getting an error message. Can I order the vouchers over the phone? Does anyone have the number?

:confused3 We are going to DL and staying at DLH August 6. We did NOT book our hotel through GAT but From what I understand from these posts... if I order the meal vouchers I will pick them up at the hotel when we check in???

The site is back up this morning. Don't forget the PODCAST discount code. From what I understand, you can pick them up from the ticket window at DL. But that is with us also getting our parkhoppers from GAT.

I had some problems ordering tickets 2 weeks ago and when I clicked on help there was an option to have someone call me. I clicked on that option and the phone rang w/i 2 minutes! They were very helpful!

I also ordered meal vouchers and got a slip in the mail (along with vouchers for the USH tickets I ordered) instructing me to pick up my meal vouchers at any Disneyland resort main entrance ticket booth. You need to show a valid picture I.D to pick them up. If you are a guest at one ot the DL Resort hotels, you can pick your tickets up at the front desk at check in.

I'm a new fan of GAT! I got my receipts in the mail for my park hoppers and meal vouchers -- they also sent us lanyards and pins! DD is excited to start "trading" although I think she refuses to part with any of her pins. The disney store had theirs 1/2 price this weekend so now she has a collection of 8.

I hope picking up the actual tickets goes smoothly at the booth!

Thanks! All of your feedback is VERY helpful!!! We are planning on doing a character meal each of the 5 days we are at Disneyland! That is quite expensive so anyway that I can save sme money... we will! We have a 30 month old who loves the characters and we want this trip to be all about her! Thanks again... I get to make Dining reservations on the 11 of June and will be ordering my vouchers just as soon as I confirm meals!:woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter