Get me excited about OKW!!

Thank you all for your positive remarks about OKW. We "own" at Saratoga, and have stayed at BC and Boardwalk as well. We really wanted to stay at a place that had more of a "southern" feel, and you have all made me feel so great about booking here in August.

We are all so lucky to be able to be at "the Happiest Place on Earth", aren't we?

I also get that we should request a room near the Hospitality House, am I right? Me, my DH, and DS's love the pool, and hope this location will be close to the main pool!

Happy Spring!:cheer2:

We're renting points from DH's brother for our June stay. I debated between SSR and OKW, but I'm so glad we decided to go with OKW. People really seem to love this resort and I can hardly wait until June!

I stayed in a villa for my first trip and fell in madly love with this resort. Beautiful grounds, adorable gingerbread detail. It is a little Florida dream. It was my feeling that being from Connecticut, when I travel to Florida I want to FEEL like I'm in Florida and not in Africa, or New Orleans, etc. That is why I again booked OKW for my second trip. I could have saved some money elsewhere but I couldn't imagine spending a week anywhere else. After a long hectic day in the parks, OKW is so relaxing to come home to.

I stayed in a studio in October and there was plenty of room for me and my 13-year old daughetr. Comfy beds, a huge bath and an adeqate kitchenette. It took me awhile to find the fridge though! It's in a corner by the beds.

Try to stay near Turtle Pond Road. The quiet pool there is very nice and washer and dryers are available so you can do laundry while you chill out in the hot tub.

Finally, the breakfast sandwhiches at Goods To Go are to die for.

ENJOY! I'm so happy for you. I look forward to perhaps reading your trip report.

I also get that we should request a room near the Hospitality House, am I right? Me, my DH, and DS's love the pool, and hope this location will be close to the main pool!

this actually changed recently, and "near HH" is now a bookable category, not a request. just FYI...

You will love OKW. I am not taking anything away from Pop because that's a fun resort but OKW is so wonderful and such a notch above a value its really imipossible to compare. The fact you are getting OKW for cheaper makes the whole thing even better. The resort is very spread out, however, not so much that if you are in a far out section you can't get to the main areas pretty easily. The room decor is light, bright and tropical and having a balcony to sit and enjoy the beauty of the grounds will be so nice. We stayed there for a week in October and are going back for fifteen nights later this month. Obviously I love the place to spend that long there!

The fact you have heard from your renter and gotten a written confirmation is a very positive sign. Its a risk for her too, if you and your husband trash the place (and I know that won't happen!), she's liable. She obviously trusts you and I think you will be fine. Don't be surprised if you end up buying into DVC once you stay there and get hooked!

I agree with another poster, I am betting you won't add more days to your tickets, you won't want to be away from such a beautiful and romantic resort. Have a great time and congratulations on getting such a good deal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter