get married in MK - do the cinderellas carriage

nataliesdaddy

DIS Veteran
I was wanting to get married in MK - do the cinderellas carriage thing with the fireworks has anyone here done that?

I haven't done it, but I want to! LOL!! It's just way too expensive for me. A castle wedding starts out at $42,000 I believe. Fireworks are about $10,000 (I think, don't quote me) and the Cinderella's Coach is $2500. If I could afford it, I would have a castle wedding in a heartbeat! :D Good luck with your wedding!
Jess

sweet7696 is absolutely correct. An MK wedding with the works will run you a minimum of $42,000. With fireworks, you're looking at closer to $60,00-$70,000. Also they are very restrictive about when you can have your wedding, since all MK weddings must be AFTER the park closes.

My DD was going to get married in WDW next year (we have since decided against it). We were planning the ceremony at the Wedding Pavillion and reception at Italy in Epcot. With a guest list of about 75, we were looking at approximately $25,000-$30,000. Cinderella's Coach is $2,500 and you only ride in it for a very, very short time.

I'll move this over to our Disney Wedding board. I'm sure someone over there will have some info. Thanks for posting. :)

My fiance and I have decided to get married in MK (rose garden of Cinderella's castle). We don't know if we are going to have fireworks yet.

We just got engaged on July 22nd. We knew from the start that we wanted to have a disney wedding.

Does anybody have any other ideas that we might be able to use?

If so, thankyou.

Originally posted by cinderella123
We just got engaged on July 22nd. We knew from the start that we wanted to have a disney wedding.

Does anybody have any other ideas that we might be able to use?

If so, thankyou.

well you can rent or buy components of the various packages. Disney was a weding planning site. Can't rember the address, but I imagine it can be found by doing a search on the topic of disney weddings

My husband and I were going to get married in MK, but we were really restricted as to the time of year you can do it. We wanted August - I was done with the Bar Exam and starting my job in September. They said you can only do the MK thing during the off-season (September, October, parts of November, etc.). It had something to do with the time the parks close - you have to do it at a time when the parks close early.

So, we forgot about that idea and got married at the Wedding Pavilion with our reception in a private room at the California Grill. It was fantastic. No regrets. Although, there may be a vow renewal 4 years from now in October in MK. But, there is still time to think about that.....

As for the coach...I had the coach. It poured and I couldn't use it and they refunded my money. A bit of a disappointment, but they let me take my pictures with it for free, so not a huge loss in the grand scheme of things.

Originally posted by AllyandJack
My husband and I were going to get married in MK, but we were really restricted as to the time of year you can do it. We wanted August - I was done with the Bar Exam and starting my job in September. They said you can only do the MK thing during the off-season (September, October, parts of November, etc.). It had something to do with the time the parks close - you have to do it at a time when the parks close early.

So, we forgot about that idea and got married at the Wedding Pavilion with our reception in a private room at the California Grill. It was fantastic. No regrets. Although, there may be a vow renewal 4 years from now in October in MK. But, there is still time to think about that.....

As for the coach...I had the coach. It poured and I couldn't use it and they refunded my money. A bit of a disappointment, but they let me take my pictures with it for free, so not a huge loss in the grand scheme of things.

thanks for the info - glad you liked it - and congrats!!

I have a great suggestion if you want to have fireworks at your wedding and not spend 10k. We rented three boats with fruit and champagne. The boats go over to Epcot and dock under the bridge. Once the boats are docked they tie them all together and you're free to move through the boats. I have to say this was the perfect ending to our wedding. Our guests are still talking about it to this day. Good luck!
-Frank

Originally posted by liquidsky88
I have a great suggestion if you want to have fireworks at your wedding and not spend 10k. We rented three boats with fruit and champagne. The boats go over to Epcot and dock under the bridge. Once the boats are docked they tie them all together and you're free to move through the boats. I have to say this was the perfect ending to our wedding. Our guests are still talking about it to this day. Good luck!
-Frank

great idea

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter