Get Excited: Downtown Disney Has Now Reopened Superthread!

We are watching a lot more people being let in then before, so lines are increasing

Worth the wait, many seating options no problem finding a table almost anywhere. Very relaxing once inside. Best of luck to all.

Attachments

• CEA4BD0F-A324-4543-9E5B-EF8E74A35FBA.jpeg
    CEA4BD0F-A324-4543-9E5B-EF8E74A35FBA.jpeg
    133.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 42AC1011-9709-4284-9CEB-13C2979371E7.jpeg
    42AC1011-9709-4284-9CEB-13C2979371E7.jpeg
    105.6 KB · Views: 30
  • 2CE68386-FE15-4DDD-A88A-14587CFD3A18.jpeg
    2CE68386-FE15-4DDD-A88A-14587CFD3A18.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 28
For people that went today, would you recommend the Harbor entrance or Simba?

I’m leaning towards Harbor since it’s closer to the Esplanade and if there is a virtual queue I can join faster than having to walk all the way over from Simba.

Sorry just saw the questions/responses. Lines aren't too terrible once you get inside. Like PP said lots of places to sit/stand and eat/drink. We went into the trolley Cafe and waited maybe 10/15 mins to get in. We mobile ordered at smokejumpers, which took some time as they were backed up. Currently walking around the rest of the area thats open before we head out to let others get their chance. We've seen a ton of workers cleaning and everyone seems to be happy to be here.

I’m leaning towards Harbor since it’s closer to the Esplanade and if there is a virtual queue I can join faster than having to walk all the way over from Simba.

We used the Harbor side as we're staying at a hotel across the street. We weren't in the first group to be let in to BV despite having been in line since 740. (I saw some bloggers had been in line since 530!) We felt like they maybe started letting the simba side into DTD earlier than us, but thats just speculation based on how many people were already in line to get into BV. We only waited in the BV queue about 30-40 minutes.

Hey folks. I plan to go to DTD this Sunday but I don’t plan to park at Simba this time (because - $10 ;-)). However, I’d like to walk to it so I can get in that queue. Are guests allowed to walk into the lot to get in line or will I be required to line up on the Harbor side?

We are going to the Knotts Berry Farm Christmas festival this weekend and I think we are going to shoot for downtown Disney and DCA on Monday morning. I think we are going to park at one of the hotels on Harbor!

Hey folks. I plan to go to DTD this Sunday but I don’t plan to park at Simba this time (because - $10 ;-)). However, I’d like to walk to it so I can get in that queue. Are guests allowed to walk into the lot to get in line or will I be required to line up on the Harbor side?
We've seen people walk in using the sidewalk by the PPH (on the north side), the one that leads to the parking lot behind the AMC.

We are going to the Knotts Berry Farm Christmas festival this weekend and I think we are going to shoot for downtown Disney and DCA on Monday morning. I think we are going to park at one of the hotels on Harbor!
Don't forget to post a review of Knott's festival in this thread: Knotts Food Festivals -- lots of DISers are interested to hear a review! Have a good time!

We've seen people walk in using the sidewalk by the PPH (on the north side), the one that leads to the parking lot behind the AMC.
Thank you! This is helpful. One clarification, though, please: is the sidewalk on Paradise Way (shown in the center on the map below)? I know where PP is but not the AMC. When I first started to visit DCA and parked residentially, I ended up walking a very long way just to get in - unnecessarily. I’d hate to have to repeat that experience.
9EF00107-FDBA-4C06-A980-768CC54E4582.jpeg

Thank you! This is helpful. One clarification, though, please: is the sidewalk on Paradise Way (shown in the center on the map below)? I know where PP is but not the AMC. When I first started to visit DCA and parked residentially, I ended up walking a very long way just to get in - unnecessarily. I’d hate to have to repeat that experience.
View attachment 539341
Correct. It’s at the light where the entrance to the grand is.

View attachment 539341
Correct. It’s at the light where the entrance to the grand is.
Yup, cross at the signal by the GCH (on Disneyland Dr.), follow the sidewalk on Paradise Way -- you'll see the parking lot used for the line switchbacks on your right -- and you'll know your way from there. :)

Yup, cross at the signal by the GCH (on Disneyland Dr.), follow the sidewalk on Paradise Way -- you'll see the parking lot used for the line switchbacks on your right -- and you'll know your way from there. :)
Perfect. Thanks everyone! I used to enter at Downtown Drive via Magic Way but I’d always be made to hold there beyond the time that the lot was open and I’d then be at a disadvantage once I got to the line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter