Genie+ with rider swap strategies

Earstothemagic

Earning My Ears
So I get how rider swap works with genie+. My issues is how to optimize our usage while using rider swap. There are 4 of us, but my youngest is only 38”. So sometimes we will need rider swap. Is there a good strategy to use when trying to quickly book those popular rides that go quickly?For instance do I have to take the time to de-select her each time I know she won’t be able to ride? Or can I keep everyone selected and maybe have CM remove her LL access before we tap in? Also if we are given rider swap, do I have to wait still for every person to tap in to book the next LL or does the rider swap they put on allow me to book a new LL once the first party taps in? Hope that makes sense. Haven’t seen too many people talk about running into this when posting about genie+ strategies. It seems more complicated maybe for families like this. Thanks!

Depending on how many people in your party, I would just put her in the booking party, then if the other kid wants a re-ride, just have them use her band while the waiting parent rides. (To do this I would show up at the beginning of the LL window)

Also, don’t book overlapping passes at Epcot and around ROTR. I made that mistake twice. With rider switch it takes 40 mins each time to ride ROTR and at Epcot it takes 30 mins to ride Test track and Soarin each time (so an hour). The trek to Remy is about 10 mins, but 15+ after 2 pm (park hoppers crowd Canada/France)

At 38 inches your DD will meet height requirements for SDMT, Remy but not ROTR and FOP (LLIA$). For FOP, unless you’re going during a peak time then you should be able to deselect. I accidentally booked our son last year and the first time I went to the CM issuing rider switch and they gave an anytime pass for low tier rides (they don’t want to refund and direct you to the front of the park). The second time I received a refund via Chat (got a reply after 2 hours). ROTR is competitive and I would just grab it and ask for a refund (GET was able to refund when it went down and we had to leave the park).

For Genie+, the CM at RnRC did nothing, but a CM near star tours took a ROTR rider switch and changed it to MMRRfor 2 people (we had recieved a pass for 2 people already for an element that was stuck, but not for our entire party).

This past trip in March a kind CM turned an ROTR rider switch into a TOT pass for our second child so both siblings could ride together on rider switch (she had to cancel the ROTR rider switch to issue a new rider switch; a ride CM stopped us and scolded the CM for giving 2 rider switch passes and I wrote a nice letter to Guest Services for him ruining the magic).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter