Genie Plus, a must for busy days.

qman6975

Mouseketeer
We just got back from a trip to WDW (11/06 to 11/13). Genie Plus was convenient on quieter days, it was essential on busy days. Crowds grew was the long weekend (Veteran's Day was on Thursday) and wait times for decent attractions approached an hour by mid-day. Booking the first pass at 7:00 am and then getting new ones every few hours allowed us to, even on a packed Saturday at the Magic Kingdom, to move quickly through the cues, walking past long lines of standby folks.

Thanks for those insights. I have to ask - to be sure I have this right. You can book your next pass either when the 120 minute cooling off period has expired or once you have tapped (or double tapped) into a ride, is that correct?

My concern is in the days where the parks are the busiest, will they run out of G+ passes for the day, where you essentially end up paying 15 dollars for just 7DMT or SDD.

Thanks for those insights. I have to ask - to be sure I have this right. You can book your next pass either when the 120 minute cooling off period has expired or once you have tapped (or double tapped) into a ride, is that correct?
Yes, that is correct.

My concern is in the days where the parks are the busiest, will they run out of G+ passes for the day, where you essentially end up paying 15 dollars for just 7DMT or SDD.
We didn't have any problems finding available G+ bookings. I booked Soarin for a window starting at 8:00 pm at about 6:00 pm on a fairly busy day.

It's probably best to consider SDD an honorary Individual LL attraction, especially on busy days (and 7D is an ILL). If you're choosing that one, there will be a chance you can't get much else.

It's probably best to consider SDD an honorary Individual LL attraction, especially on busy days (and 7D is an ILL). If you're choosing that one, there will be a chance you can't get much else.
Could you explain this to me as I try to wrap my head around this? Would you not get SDD at 7am for the afternoon/evening and then pick up other LLs starting at 11am? Are you saying nothing good will be available at 11am?

🗣NO IT’S NOT.

Can we stop with the fear-mongering on this topic? G+ saves you time in lines but it’s far from a perfect solution and Standby is ALWAYS a viable option, even on busy days. We went last weekend also and did just fine not using it at all, we did every attraction we wanted in MK and HS without it, including Rise and SDD and 7DMT and Peter Pan and I could keep going but can we just stop with the clickbait posts?

Could you explain this to me as I try to wrap my head around this? Would you not get SDD at 7am for the afternoon/evening and then pick up other LLs starting at 11am? Are you saying nothing good will be available at 11am?

I think there probably would be, but we haven't seen a crowd level 10 day yet. It's just something I'd be mentally prepared to accept if booking SDD was my main priority with G+. I definitely think it's compounded if you want SDD and MFSR both - so likely you could get both of those plus some shows, or you could skip G+ for one of those and get most of the rides in.

Oh that's true about 7DMT.

We were there 11/6-11/13 and bought it twice. We all just had an average opinion of it (it mostly just made me miss DL's MaxPass even more). It was most helpful for us when we booked Tower of Terror late one morning since the SDD return times at 0700 were already out to 3 pm...and ToT happened to only be running on one side so waits were egregious all day. If you can get a few things stacked for the afternoon/evening, it's nice (probably most helpful if you're Hopping). We preferred our successes with early morning entry and our evening at MK's extended evening hours for deluxe villa guests. Combining early mornings a couple weekend days with buying 1 or 2 of the ILL attractions was a winning combo for our group, as being able to pick your ILL return times gave us a little more flexibility.

I'm glad it's working for some people...just wanted to offer a counter-opinion that's it's probably not a "MUST" for everyone every day, especially if you're staying on site and have access to the early or late hours (and are okay with the wakeup calls those require).

🗣NO IT’S NOT.

Can we stop with the fear-mongering on this topic? G+ saves you time in lines but it’s far from a perfect solution and Standby is ALWAYS a viable option, even on busy days. We went last weekend also and did just fine not using it at all, we did every attraction we wanted in MK and HS without it, including Rise and SDD and 7DMT and Peter Pan and I could keep going but can we just stop with the clickbait posts?
thank you for this I’m afraid the fear mongering was getting to me I’m going next week and to be honest I can’t afford the extra price this would add on and I was getting a little down I wouldn’t be able to ride everything I usually ride.

I dislike the extra cost, but just like with Fast Pass, Genie+ let's you plan your day. My only complaint is that you can only make one reservation at a time.

🗣NO IT’S NOT.

IMO The OP did not get any where close to “fear mongering” or “ Click bait”. There is lots of interest in G+ so it is helpful to hear all the different perspectives, including yours.

🗣NO IT’S NOT.

Calm down! What are you even talking about? OP did NOT say Genie+ is the “perfect solution” nor is he “fear mongering”. And I don’t think you understand what clickbait is. I used Genie+ and ILL during this same week and I agree it was very good value. We would not have been able to ride as many rides if we hadn’t purchased it. Is it confusing? Yes, at first glance it is. But once you get the hang of it, it’s quite simple!

🗣NO IT’S NOT.

Isn't every post meant to be clicked?

thank you for this I’m afraid the fear mongering was getting to me I’m going next week and to be honest I can’t afford the extra price this would add on and I was getting a little down I wouldn’t be able to ride everything I usually ride.
We bought it for one of our days at MK and thought it was great. The second day at MK we did not and it was ok. The key for us to ride without long lines was to get there at rope drop. We stayed onsite and were able to beat a lot of long lines with rope drop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter