Genie+ Noob

jpwest

Disney Dad #825
Going to DLR August 10-14. Loved the previous pass system and scared to death of Genie+/LL.

Let me start with a really basic strategy question. I really hate the idea of paying for individual LLs. How early does Radiator Springs Racers get to 80+ minutes? Can it be done quicker first thing in the morning, or is it a long wait from open until near closing time?

Second - a LL timing question. I know you can book another LL as soon as you scan in for the first one (or when your first window is over). I thought I read somewhere that you can also book #2 two hours after you book #1. Is that right? So in theory you could book a late morning LL first thing, go all standby in the morning, then book another LL two hours after you booked the first?

Is that somehow more efficient than just booking and riding as you go?

RSR will take a bit to get up to 80 min. However the biggest problem with trying to rope drop it is that it's often "down" at Park open. And they will still sell the ILL even when the ride is down, and then what happens is, as soon as it opens, there is a flood of people to the LL from those previously sold slots and the standby line will START off at somewhere around 60 minutes. Longer if the ride takes a couple hours to come up.

Best bet is to try and rope drop and ALSO do Single Rider. The SR line is always much shorter than standby. For us, it was a walk on both times my friend and I did it. We didn't pay for the ILL for that ride.

You are correct on the 2 hour thing. I found it most efficient to just book WHATEVER ride had the SOONEST return time, and did that all day long. That is how you will maximize the G+. Rides will also go down all day long so you will occasionally get a Multiple Experience pass and you can use those strategically as you wish.

Yes, you can book 2 hours after getting a LL. The problem is that you can’t pick a time slot and it takes awhile for time slots to progress through the day. So first thing in the morning, you’ll see slots from 8-9, then 8:10-9:10, etc. you won’t be able to book for late morning until the time slots progress.

The exception is that the system automatically advances you to 1:00 or later if you have a park hopper and you’re booking for the other park. So you could start at DL at 8, book a LL for GotG or Soarin and it’ll advance to 1. Then at 10 you could book another LL.

If you buy a Genie + for a day is that valid in other parks ( if you are park hopping) or do you need a Genie + for every park ?

Second using SR on RSR if you can. When available we have used SR at rope drop when the line was all the way down Carsland to ride 3-4 times in a row with low wait times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter