Genie+ glitch for group larger than 10

WantSomeMagic

Earning My Ears
Hello All,

We leave for WDW in two days. It’s our first trip. I’m exhausted and grumpy from the months of research to figure out everything. Something I saw yesterday is freaking me out. I watched a YouTube video stating that Genie+ “will allow you to add up to 12 people; however, there have been some issues when adding above 10.” The video does not elaborate on what those issues are.

My family group is 11 people. I have all 11 loaded in MDE with park tickets and reservations. Now I’m worried that booking Genie+ rides might drop one of us each time. Does anyone have experience with a group of 11 or 12? What are the glitches?

Many thanks for any feedback.

Idk but maybe try asking in the Genie+ thread on the first page. Maybe someone can help you there. Good luck!

Like the original poster, I'd like to hear recent experiences with this as well. We are a group of 12. I am the planner and have been doing everything for all 4 families. Our desire is to stay together as much as possible so I'm scared of splitting the group and having different windows. Ugh.

Just wondering if either the original poster or jlhmom75 have an update following their trips. I've also read the conflicting stuff on this board about 10 vs 12. We're a group of 12 as well (several families) so I'm hopeful the glitchy large party issue has been worked out.

Also following for my group of 11. We had at least 1-2 rides we hoped to do together each day as a touch point to swap into different groups and do things like MFSR or TSM together for bragging rights.

Here now with a group of 11. We’ve been able to book regular Genie+ for all 11, but learned the hard way that for $LL 10 people is the max. Now we have one person book our regular Genie+ at 7am, and two other people book $LL in two separate groups. It’s worked okay for everything but the day we tried to book ROTR $LL. One person got 2:35pm-3:35pm (then when hit confirm changed to 6:35pm which was during our dinner reso). The other person got a “sorry sold out message”’when they hit confirm. Other than that, we’ve been able to get the two groups with overlapping $LL.

Last edited:
Going in two weeks with 12. So glad I read this thread again - I'm not sure how to deal with ROTR! At the moment we're planning on just rope dropping and hoping for the best. Disney shouldn't make this so difficult for groups! I would hate to buy half of our party the ability to go and then miss out for the rest of our party! Very, very nervous for this trip. I was so excited when the family suggested we go (they know I love it and they weren't going to do the planning so a win for them!), but now I just don't know how the days are going to go. I feel like I really can't plan anything.

Here now with a group of 11. We’ve been able to book regular Genie+ for all 11, but learned the hard way that for $LL 10 people is the max. Now we have one person book our regular Genie+ at 7am, and two other people book $LL in two separate groups. It’s worked okay for everything but the day we tried to book ROTR $LL. One person got 2:35pm-3:35pm (then when hit confirm changed too 6:35pm which was during our dinner reso). The other person got a “sorry sold out message”’when they hit confirm. Other than that, we’ve been able to get the two groups with overlapping $LL.
That’s really helpful to hear, thank you!

Going in two weeks with 12. So glad I read this thread again - I'm not sure how to deal with ROTR! At the moment we're planning on just rope dropping and hoping for the best. Disney shouldn't make this so difficult for groups! I would hate to buy half of our party the ability to go and then miss out for the rest of our party! Very, very nervous for this trip. I was so excited when the family suggested we go (they know I love it and they weren't going to do the planning so a win for them!), but now I just don't know how the days are going to go. I feel like I really can't plan anything.

We ended up rope dropping (early entry) and it worked great. All got on ROTR quickly. But we didn’t do slinky dog because the time windows were too late for us. (Park hopping).)

We have a very large group yesterday and it was a disaster. Somehow someone cancelled out LL and we ended up using it once all day. I complained but they don’t care they got our money. Ridiculous

We can’t even do meals together because we don’t know when we will have a LL. We never used to have issues with FP. I’m pretty frustrated.

We have a very large group yesterday and it was a disaster. Somehow someone cancelled out LL and we ended up using it once all day. I complained but they don’t care they got our money. Ridiculous
What went wrong? Were you unable to get LL because of the size of your group? How many are in your group?

There are 22. People accidentally canceled things (we think) We weren’t able to drop or add people easily from our passes. And we couldn’t make them all together

There are 22. People accidentally canceled things (we think) We weren’t able to drop or add people easily from our passes. And we couldn’t make them all together
The maximum number of people in a group are 12 although Allears reports that LL works best with 10. Our plan is to split up -- we are traveling as a group of 18, but 1 of us will book the LL passes for 7 people and the other for 10-11. Did you have problems selecting your group when booking each LL?

The maximum number of people in a group are 12 although Allears reports that LL works best with 10. Our plan is to split up -- we are traveling as a group of 18, but 1 of us will book the LL passes for 7 people and the other for 10-11. Did you have problems selecting your group when booking each LL?
As I mentioned above, note that for $LL max is 10. I was there last week and learned this the hard way. For regular LL you’ll be fine for the 10-11.

We're back from our trip and we had no problems making Genie+ reservations for a group of 12. The most we ever did for the Virtual Queue or ILL was 9, but we made parties of 12 multiple times through Genie+ and the only minor issues we had were (1) coordinating when it would be ok to make the next reservation if people were doing things separately during the day -- we found it best to do the "everyone rides" reservations at 7am before splitting up later in the day (2) getting everyone at the same place at the same time because we had to ride together -- I think it would have been less stressful to try to book smaller groups w/in an hour of each other and then try to ride together instead of being forced into it--led to some annoyance when one smaller group would be running behind and the rest of us had no choice but to wait; and (3) if I was going from a party of 4 Genie+ to a party of 12 I would see the next available time jump up (or if I was going from a party of 12 to a party of 4, the time would often switch to something earlier) -- not a big deal once I knew to expect it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter