• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Genie + at HS this past weekend

JoeyMayo

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone just wanted to share my experience with Genie + this past Saturday Nov 27 at Hollywood Studios. I was traveling with a party of 6.

I logged in at 7 sharp and tried to grab a slinky dog LL, first glitch happens and the app doesn’t automatically include my party so I have to waste time clicking edit party and adding everyone then going back. By the time I do this the first LL for slinky Dog (7:01am) was 8 pm. That glitch lasted the whole day. I book it and then have to wait until 11 to book another one. By the time 11 am comes around the closest LL for any attractions besides shows were past 4 pm already. The park was probably as crowded as I’ve ever seen.

To try to shorten the story a little by 1 pm all LL for any rides (not shows) were completely unavailable for the rest of the day. For the first time in my life I went to guest relations to complain. I just said look we all paid for this service and by 1 pm it’s essentially useless. The woman at GR was very nice and gave us multiple experience passes we could use for 3 of 4 rides of our choosing TS Mania, RR, ToT or MF. So that made our day but before that I was ready to just trash the whole Disney genie plus experience.

Hi everyone just wanted to share my experience with Genie + this past Saturday Nov 27 at Hollywood Studios. I was traveling with a party of 6.

I logged in at 7 sharp and tried to grab a slinky dog LL, first glitch happens and the app doesn’t automatically include my party so I have to waste time clicking edit party and adding everyone then going back. By the time I do this the first LL for slinky Dog (7:01am) was 8 pm. That glitch lasted the whole day. I book it and then have to wait until 11 to book another one. By the time 11 am comes around the closest LL for any attractions besides shows were past 4 pm already. The park was probably as crowded as I’ve ever seen.

To try to shorten the story a little by 1 pm all LL for any rides (not shows) were completely unavailable for the rest of the day. For the first time in my life I went to guest relations to complain. I just said look we all paid for this service and by 1 pm it’s essentially useless. The woman at GR was very nice and gave us multiple experience passes we could use for 3 of 4 rides of our choosing TS Mania, RR, ToT or MF. So that made our day but before that I was ready to just trash the whole Disney genie plus experience.
That’s insane times are already pushed out that far by 7:01am

Your experience is not the first I’ve heard of … many have reported similar situations on busy days. We’re going to be there the week before Christmas and are expecting major crowds … not going to bother with Genie + at HS … especially on days we are hopping back to Epcot for the evening. We’ll rope drop what we can, wait when we feel like it and spend some time at Baseline Tap in between! 😉

We didn't have quite that bad of experience, but LL times were definitely pushed back shortly after the park opened.
Not sure if they are not releasing enough LL passes or if demand is just that high?
If this were FP+ and I paid nothing, so be it. But once you have to pay for it, you definitely expect the LL not to run out. I think this is going to be an issue for them for a while.
Hopefully, they get this fixed before our next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter