Gem Mining at the Fort

@tltay2005 if you happen to get to the fort before I do (and you will), would love to see photos of the bags they are selling.

My first glance at one of these money grabbing rackets is "well that's kind of cheesy" and now I'm like "Bags people! Post the bags?"
Teamubr will beat me, we don't go until Halloween, but I am also looking forward to seeing the bags and the prices.

@tltay2005 if you happen to get to the fort before I do (and you will), would love to see photos of the bags they are selling.

My first glance at one of these money grabbing rackets is "well that's kind of cheesy" and now I'm like "Bags people! Post the bags?"

Agreed, I too want to see the bags. I have googled like crazy and even on pinterest and can't get anything to show. With the prices being from 5- 28.00 for 3 different sized bags, I really want to see what they are like before our kids are set free with Magic Bands! LOL

Thank you, Jim.

@DisneyMommyMichelle you set your children loose with charging privileges? Girl, you so crazy!

I allowed that for my oldest one time. She lost those privileges by 2pm the first day. And she was 19.

Hahaha, our kids learned the hard way the first year. We have 3 and they each have X amount to spend the entire trip and then their band gets turned off. Every night we request the print out and highlight each selection that was done on each band. They add up their own total and subtract it from their trip total.

The first year, 2 of our kids spent all of their money by day 2 and our third kid was a celebrity in their eyes as they tried to convince him to buy them stuff! LOL! Ever since that year they have budgeted so well, we've had to cash them out at the end of the trip. Our youngest always makes sure he has enough for a Mickey Pants ice cream sundae and now we have far too many of those pants! LOL

Does anyone have any word as to why this was removed? I am seeing rumors it was due to budget but that seems really odd? TIA!

I can't imagine why. Its like pure profit. :rolleyes1

ETA: Wonder if it wasn't popular because some thought it over priced even for Disney. :)

I didn't realize it was removed. I wonder if it is/was a seasonal thing. Our local KOA has one almost identical to the one at the Fort. They don't have it running in cold weather. Mostly because it isn't popular at 40 degrees, but we get way below freezing in Winter and I can't imagine freezing up all the plumbing would be good for it.

j

Okay, spoke to a cast member. It has been removed because they are moving it to the front of the resort. However, they have no clue when the move will be done, for now it is just gone

Though the Gem Mining has in fact been moved, they are still filling bags and it is not re-open yet, nor can they give me a re-opening date.

Is this happening now post-covid? I know some vloggers did it in 2019 and I'd love to take my kids to do it in either our Jan or April trips.

Is this happening now post-covid? I know some vloggers did it in 2019 and I'd love to take my kids to do it in either our Jan or April trips.
So my first answer would've been no but interestingly enough, thanks to my friend Google, I found a video from another VLogger doing this at the Fort in June of this year with their masks on over at the bike barn. A bunch of us from the boards will be down there a week from Saturday. We'll let you know (unless someone else has already noticed this. I've been twice but didn't go to the bike barn.) Matter of fact my DW will probably want to do this!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!