• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gel Pen resuscitation

wils

<font color=ff6633>Has had Capt. Jack Sparrow on h
Several of my gel pens now longer seem to work although there is plenty of ink in the cartridge. Does anybody have any magical way of reviving them?

Just thought I'd ask you experts before I bin them ;)

Many thanks

Two suggestions: (both from DD)

First store them point down in an upright container. When they lay flat they don't work as well.

Second, when her's don't flow well (and I'm presuming we're talking roller ball style not the felt tip) she sucks on the point for a couple of seconds. Sounds disgusting but it works.

Deb

I remember heating up ball point pens to get the ink flowing again. I don't know if this will work will gel pens, but it's worth a shot.

Good luck!

Sometimes I blow down the end of the ink cartridge ( not the nib end ) but this sometimes only gets them going for a while. :-))))).

A little bit of alcohol on apeice of paper then run the tip through and it will loosen up the clog at the tip and last but yes store tip down.Blowing doesn't work with the good gels because they are sealed at the top of cart.

I roll then between my hand to warm them up. Seems to work ok on most of them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter