GCH's DCA entrance

4girlsmom

Mouseketeer
Can resort guests enter/exit through here all day long?

Last trip I remember entering in the morning, exiting to have lunch at White Water Snacks and re-entering the park, all through that entrance. I can't remember what we did for our swim break, return for the Electrical Parade and final exit of the evening.

We'll be staying at the PPH as we did then.

It sounds like you got lucky on your last trip. I'm fairly sure that entrance is supposed to be only for guests of the GCH. I know everyone can exit via that GCH gate, but getting back in sometimes people are asked to show their GCH room key. Unless the policy has recently been changed..... :confused3

Thanks for the info, Darian. Oops! We sure didn't intend to buck the system. It was last summer. We only spent 1 day at DCA, and I'm sure we showed our room keys. Well that's definitely good to know so we don't show up at the gate and get turned away next time. :blush:

what often happens is the first "trip of the day" (kind of like the rope drop) is reserved for GC guests....sometimes for the first hour, but usually after that any disney resort guest can use it.

This past trip the CM told us that the gate is only for Disney Resort guests (all 3 hotels) until 11:00am. After that anyone can use it.

Not sure if they still do this but last time, resort guests could actually use this entrance to enter DCA 1/2 hour earlier than rest of the public. It was great because we got to ride Soaring right away! :thumbsup2

We have never had any problem getting in ourselves, but they no longer let cast members enter through this gate (even if they are staying at the hotel). We go to whitewater all the time and enter and exit through this gate. I do know in the morning when it is crowded they may check for a room card, but other than that anyone can use it. I think it's the same with the monorail station, in the early morning they reserve for hotel guests, but after the big crowds go, anyone can use it.

Thanks everyone. We plan on eating at Storyteller's and White Water Snacks, so it'd be nice to have access to that entrance. We do need to check out the main entrance this year & take pics of our kids by the letters. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter