GCH v. DLH with little kids

mon8key

Earning My Ears
hi friends
DH & I are headed to DL president's week for 4 days. We are trying to decided between GCH & DLH. The question is about the pools: I have read that although GCH is a nicer hotel than DLH, DLH pool is far superior esp for little kids (better theming, etc.). However, one of the kids is an infant, so I anticipate spending a lot of time at the hotel & in the room. Is it worth the better pool to stay at DLH or does GCH still win out?
thanks for help! you all are the best
smd pirate:

I don't know that I would say the DLH pool is better than GC. DLH is more themed with the Neverland theme. But GC has a pretty nice pool too. Actually, GC is split into two pools (3 if you count the kiddie pool in the middle). When we were at GC the slide pool seemed to be busier/more active than the other pool.

We've done both, and the GC felt less crowded to us. Maybe that's just perception with one large pool at DLH vs. the split at GC. Also, I think when we were at DLH the PP guests could use the DLH pool - maybe increasing traffic.

Tough call on GC vs. DLH. Both are good hotels and we're probably going to have trouble picking the next time we go.

The DLH pool is very fun looking and crowded. The rooms at the DLH are decorated in a more fun manner and are, in general, larger than at the GC.
The pool at the GC is also fun but not quite as imaginative. The room decore at the GC is very nice but less interesting for kids. The GC will cost more.

GC has some rooms with bunk beds - the kids loved that part of it. For adults, it's a much nicer hotel with a great atmosphere, it's new and beautifully appointed. But - my kids, (7,8) preferred the Disneyland hotel hands down. It's much more "whimsical" and the pool is awesome. It always looks crowded, but when you're in it, it's so spread out it never feels like people are on top of you - except when you're in the hot tub. The hardest part is finding a place to put your stuff. There are also two pools and the other one has a "sandy" beach. The Disneyland hotel also seems more festive at night, whereas GC is more subdued. The only issue with DLH is that it's a old hotel and a little bit "tired". You will probably notice that in some of the rooms. You can see it in the fixtures and bathrooms - especially in the main tower. The Sierra tower is the newest and I've found it to be the nicest.

Anyway, as I'm sure you'll hear over and over, it's a matter of personal preference. According to my experience and my kids' comments, GC is fancier more adult-oriented, but DLH is more whimisical, and kid friendly.

Have fun!!! :flower:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter