GCH Room Question

Dis Ohana

All your dreams can come true if you have the cour
I just paid in full for our Dec. vacation! :yay: I went with the Costco package, we got the 4th night free, concierge level, theme park view. I was told that the only beds available for me are either a King / Queen sofa bed, or a Queen / bunk bed arrangement. Does anyone know if the Queen sofa bed is comfortable? The only experiences I've had with sofa beds have been a very uncomfortable one.

my teenagers did not think they were very commfy. they decided to do the sleeping bag on the floor instead.

My kids didn't like the sofabed either so we're going for the bunkbeds this time. :thumbsup2

That's not good...my children are older, DD is 11 and DS is a big 14. We usually sleep with DH & DS sharing a bed, and me and DD in another. I doubt that DS would fit on the bunks. There is a room available with a city view that has 2 Queens, I wonder if we should go for comfort over a nice view. :confused3

The last time we were at GCH, we wanted the bunk beds (which my kids had loved in the past) but they wouldn't give us bunk beds because of my son's size. He was a big age 12 at the time. (We were reserved for bunks until they saw him.) I'd go with the 2 queens for the comfort. You likely won't be in your room much anyway to see a view! I prefer the good night's sleep so I've got energy for the next day.

Have fun on your trip! :sunny:

Dis Ohana, I am not sure if you can switch out to the city view room at this point but if you can, there are a limited number of rooms that have 2 queen beds plus a twin sofa sleeper that would probably be more comfy for your family with older boys. They are the rooms that overlook the driveway where you check-in and out toward the DLH.

I called today and was told that I'd be put on a wait list for 2 Queens. She didn't mention a 2Queen/daybed room..that would be great! The CM told me she'd try to keep us on the theme park side, and that we might be able to get something on the city view. We would still have to pay the theme park price though.

I've heard that if you have to sleep on a sofa bed, you should sleep with your feet toward the sofa and your head at the end. It's supposed to be more comfortable that way - no bar in your back or something.

Whenever we have a room with a sofa bed we always pull out the matress and make up the bed on the floor. We have little ones and just feel better about them not falling between the cracks :). The matress alone is usually fine and not having a bar or spring in the middle of your back makes a big difference. We are reserved for a bunk bed room at the GCH in early December and were told there is a weight limit (90 lbs.??) on the bunk beds. Don't all the bunk beds have trundles under them as well???

NMMickeymom said:
Whenever we have a room with a sofa bed we always pull out the matress and make up the bed on the floor. We have little ones and just feel better about them not falling between the cracks :). The matress alone is usually fine and not having a bar or spring in the middle of your back makes a big difference. We are reserved for a bunk bed room at the GCH in early December and were told there is a weight limit (90 lbs.??) on the bunk beds. Don't all the bunk beds have trundles under them as well???

When I made my reservations I specifically asked for two Queen beds since I knew we'd need them, at the time it was no problem but when I called with my last payment things changed. I know nothing is written in stone even with confirmed reservation in hand, but this is the first time we've been told that there was no way we'd get the room we requested. I really wouldn't have much of a problem with the sofa bed if we weren't paying so much for the room! I was hoping for that kind of money I'd get a nice view and a good nights rest without a bar in my back! :rotfl:

I'm starting to get nervous. :eek: i am going for Christmas :santa: . it will be me and my 24 yr old son, I need 2 queens, there is no way, I am going to have to sleep on a sofa bed for the amount I am paying for a room, I will be so pissed if that is the case, we I got my reservations I said I will be there with my son. Maybe I am just over reacting but this 4 nights there is costing alot of $$$$$ so I won't be happy. :sad1:
:thanks: for letting me vent.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter