Gay Days effect on crowds?

OCDPlanner

Earning My Ears
DD and I will be in WDW area 6/3/04 thru 6/13/04. I know that GayDays will be going on the first weekend in June. Have no problem with that, just wandering what the crowds will be like. Is MK the only park affected or is it all of WDW. Should we do US/IoA that first weekend instead?

Thanks,
Kassie

Love your name (OCDPlanner) I should have thought of that one!

Generally that Sat. at MK is Packed (but Sat. at MK is always crowded.) You can get a schedule of parks to be visited at www.gaydays.com and that might help you plan. Seems like they don't post the schedule real early though ... but you could check it out anyway.

Park Schedule

Thursday, June 3, AK
Friday, June 4, MGM, Sea World*
Saturday, June 5, MK
Sunday, June 6, EPCOT, Universal*, IOA*

*Traditional - not on the website schedule yet..

Private Ticket Events:

Friday, June 4, Colosseum Party, 8pm to 3am, Universal City Walk (21+)
Saturday, June 5, Beach Ball, 8pm to 2am, Typhoon Lagoon (18+)
Saturday, June 5, One Mighty Party, 10:30pm to 3am, MGM (18+)
Sunday, June 6, Stars Party, 8pm to 2:30am, Islands of Adventure (18+)

Generally, the Saturday Crowd at MK is heavy crowds, but we have always been able to get on many attractions. Thursday and Friday (AK,MGM) crowds usually light to average. Sunday (EPCOT) Average to heavy.

Gay Days has coincided with two of my family's trips in the past. The only day that it truly affects is the MK on Saturday. I don't know if Disney does it every year but I do recall one year they had early opening at all parks to encourage people to visit other parks on that Saturday.

I was also wondering about the crowds, as we will be arriving Sunday, June 6th. I want to see Epcot that day, but fear it will be too crowded. I have been during this time once before, and found the crowds that Saturday and Sunday to be quite large. But Epcot works perfectly into my touring plans that day!

Aimfred, my experiences on Sunday at EPCOT has been that the park is busy, not PACKED. It will feel crowded, but you should be able to see the attractions you like...with the possible exception of Test Track or Mission Space. But, if you can get a Fastpass for those, it should be fine.

I like a park to be "busy", nothing sadder than a deserted park. It is the guests (no matter the time of year) that add to the overall ambiance of WDW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter