Gay Day Schedule 2019?

Discussion in 'Gay and Lesbian at Disney' started by GaryDis, Nov 25, 2018.

1. GaryDis

GaryDis DIS Veteran

We’ve just started planning a trip for the end of May/start of June, and I was surprised to see Gay Days moves to August, 2019. It's not a big deal for us, as that’s not why we chose this time frame, but I am curious. I’m also wondering whether we might see a crowd that Saturday anyway.

2. blackdogg

blackdogg Mouseketeer

I don't believe the crowds are remarkably different so long as you aren't attending a specific locale/event. I think that's what you are asking at least!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Chuck S

Chuck S DVC Boards Co-Moderator Moderator

While the GaysDays.com promoter for the special events has moved the dates to August, I expect a sizable number of us will continue to observe the traditional June timeframe for Disney parks, started as a grassroots get-together by locals, before it became commercialized.

August is hotter, muggier and much less pleasant overall as far as weather.

5. rickwelch49525

rickwelch49525 Earning My Ears

Bill Heslin and just stella like this.
  6. Addisneydicted

Addisneydicted Earning My Ears

So can I assume the will be a unofficial first weekend of June and official weekend in August gay days events???

7. Kevin McGuire

Kevin McGuire Earning My Ears

The GDs website is for people looking for a stop on the circuit party. Gay Day was started by some Disney employees and fans to show lgbt unity. No one person or website really has the claim to change the gay days dates at Disney. Besides, if you're voluntarily traveling to Orlando for fun, why would you want to go in the middle of August? yuk. Plus, I'm guessing the number of meth incidents of those attending the circuit parties will probably increase.

Bill Heslin likes this.