Gatlinburg Cabins/Chalets?

momof1princess

<font color=darkorchid>i feel like i'm going to ex
i know i've asked this question once before, and i apologize, but the search function won't work for me to find the thread. does anyone know of a reputable cabin/chalet rental company in gatlinburg? it doesn't have to be really fancy, just clean and fairly close to downtown gatlinburg (my in-laws may be coming along and MIL has mobility issues). TIA! :goodvibes

I'm glad to see this posted here. I was looking for similar information. My family has betrayed me and decided against Disney :scared1: So we are headed to Gatlinburg and I've been going insane over the info on Cabins.

Add another DIS'er for th search of a Gatlinburg cabin. A friend of mine told me about Patriot Getaways. I checked their website out and they have nice cabins and reasonable rates, but they don't have the location I am looking for. But I will be subscribing to see what others say.

Hey, just wanted to say we have stayed at Poplar Ridge cabins and they were very nice. They have some cabins that are a few blocks from downtown Gatlinburg and some that are farther out. I've enjoyed both the cabins we've stayed in (one happened to be close to Gatlinburg and one was back in the craft community outside Gatlinburg). Their website is www.poplarridge.com if anyone is interested.

Gina

I'm off to check them out 3tiggers! Thanks!

The area in particular I'm looking or is the Ski Mountain Rd. area since it butts right up to the National Park.

Any thoughts on budget minded activities to pursue in the Gatlinburg, Pidgeon Forge, Seviersville area? I know there was a thread on this a while back but I can't find it now that we're actually planning to go.

Maggie

ty to everyone who's posted so far! maggie...these are the prices for the activities i've come across so far:

ripley's aquarium of the smokies: adults 19.99 child (6-11) 10.99
gatlinburg sky lift: adults 12.00 child (3-11) 9.00
comedy barn: adults 22.95 (online) child 11 & under free
flyaway indoor skydiving: single flight 27.95
black bear jamboree: adult 34.95 child 11 & under 9.95

i've just gotten started looking, so if anyone has any more places i can check out or activities we can do, please post!

We rent a cabin in Pigeon Forge from Timber Tops Cabin Rental every year and have been very pleased.

The area is not lacking in activites. The big draws are Dollywood and Dixie Stampede. I think the indoor skydiving has closed. Some things we enjoyed the most from all our trips there were the 'Worlds Largest Mirror Maze' and the ice skating at Ober Gattlinburg. Don't forget there is a Disney Store outlet, too.

After All chalets. Clean and maintained by the owners after each visitor checks out. She likes them to be as clean as her own home and comfortable for her own family and extended relatives.

I thought I would pop in to add my 2 cents. I was looking for a cabin also for May of this year. I looked at over 20 sites trying to get a decent price (I'm cheap). I found one for a little over 350.00 but I didn't write the name down of the cabin or anything.

So I was looking on another website and I didn't find the prices. So I called. She gave me a price of almost 800.00 for 5d/4n. She asked if that was in my ballpark figure. I kinda chuckled and said well i did find another cabin for 350.00 for the same time frame but I just can't find it now. She said well, let me see what I can do. So then she got it down to like 5XX.XX. She asked me if that was any better. I said we are getting there. I then asked if there was a smaller cabin by chance or anything like that get the rate down and she said hold on let me see whatelse I can do.

So while she was doing that, she asked me again what the name of the cabin rental was that quoted me 350.00 and I said for the life of me, I don't remember. I have looked at over 20 websites and everything is blurry. She said, well I want to end your search. I would like to give you the chance to try us out and I said ok. She came back with the price of 400.00. I told her that I would take it. So the moral of this long story is to call and see what they can do for you. I'll include the website of the one that I'm renting. The lady was real nice and she did tell me that this one just started on the rental block this past Oct./Nov. so it's fairly new.
http://www.bearfootinthesmokies.com/cabinrentals/listings.asp?itemID=125

I'm not lookin for anything fancy or huge b/c it's on my and my hubby and the 2 kiddos. Good luck on findin a cabin.:wizard:

We rented from jackson mountain homes 2 years ago. I'm definately going to use them again this summer when we go. Very reasonably priced, convenient to downtown, clean, roomy cabins. Had a community heated pool and the cabin itself had a hottub. Highly reccomend them!

We stay in cabins and vacation homes all over the Western North Carolina/Tennessee area. Usually we use (vacation rentals by owner...can't post the full URL cuz my post count is too low...grrr!). There are a TON listed for the Gatlinburg area.

We have yet to get a 'bad' one and have been renting one or two cabins/homes a year since 1995. When looking we only consider places that have good photos of the home (inside and out) posted.

In fact, we found a cabin on top of a mountain at the last minute for a July fourth wedding in 2006 (our original venue fell through at the last minute).

Good luck! Wish I was up there too! *wistful sigh*

We stay in cabins and vacation homes all over the Western North Carolina/Tennessee area. Usually we use (vacation rentals by owner...can't post the full URL cuz my post count is too low...grrr!). There are a TON listed for the Gatlinburg area.

We have yet to get a 'bad' one and have been renting one or two cabins/homes a year since 1995. When looking we only consider places that have good photos of the home (inside and out) posted.

In fact, we found a cabin on top of a mountain at the last minute for a July fourth wedding in 2006 (our original venue fell through at the last minute).

Good luck! Wish I was up there too! *wistful sigh*

We use vrbo too, and have never been dissappointed

For a first time visitor, how many nights do I need to see everything? Has anyone done white water rafting (for beginniners)?

There seems to be a lot to do in the area and we want to make sure we have enough time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter