Gas shortages?

Nashville received gas via barge on Monday. They anticipate that the pipeline will be back in business on Wednesday. All major stations here appear to have gas, albeit at slightly higher prices.

Being from WI I'm sure you're familiar with the French toast phenom @ local grocery store when a winter storm is predicted...all the milk, bread, eggs go flying off the shelf. May be the same phenom as to gas for some reason in ATL/GA area.

No such reports I've seen up the East Coast. even as far west as where I live in PIT, news informed us we were supposed to see significantly higher rates this week...nope, the same price as before the report and certainly no gas shortages or lines.

Shocking, to not see price gouging here as events such as these are usually an excuse to increase the price of gas already sitting in the tanks. sale of winter blend will soon enough kick into play and up the ante

Don't forget to stock up on toilet paper!:scared:

This gas issue is only related to Ala-Ga-Tn- and the coast states

I live in Central Alabama. No stations out of gas around here. However, prices jumped about 12 cents a gallon overnight a couple of days ago in response to the pipeline. I'm sure prices will go down just as quickly when the pipeline is back in operation </sarcasm>

Thanks everyone for the input! We head out tomorrow morning. Hopefully the pipeline opening yesterday has made things a bit less dire than they seemed earlier in the week. We definitely still plan on filling up often just to be safe though.

I live in southern Ky, about an hour north of Nashville. Stations here still have at least a few pumps working. A couple of places have been out of premium, but I just saw a tanker in town about 1/2 hr ago on my way back to work from lunch. I don't think any stations here are completely out. You may want to fill up before you hit the TN state line though just to be safe.

drove back from near the DC area and gas in VA all the way to the border ranged from $1.99 to $2.09 on friday afternoon.

once i hit Tennessee on the interstate at Knoxville, seemed like gas prices were decent.

but in Ga through Dalton, prices were higher.
once leaving Tn to Ga on I75, saw prices at $2.25 and up

my place is before Atlanta so no idea how prices are in that area.

drove back from near the DC area and gas in VA all the way to the border ranged from $1.99 to $2.09 on friday afternoon.

once i hit Tennessee on the interstate at Knoxville, seemed like gas prices were decent.
What do you consider "decent"?

$ 2.05 I would call decent during this time period

Before the pipe line broke I was paying $1.74- 1.78 at the pump in my area

Today in my town saw prices range from $2.30 to $2.45

So my way of thinking $2.05 was decent
a month ago I would call that price highway robbery

Once more gas is brought in, would think prices will drop

We left the Chicago area early Saturday morning. Planned to stop and fill up between Clarksville and Nashville, then after Chattanooga and it all went well. Only saw 1 station out of gas and none had the panic lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter