Garden Grocer delivery in the last 3 months?

disneyfan150

DIS Veteran
We have used GG in the past with the most recent being in August. We have always had great service. When I went to place our order for May to take advantage of the 25% discount, there was a message on the homepage about new management. The message apologized for past service problems. Has anyone used them in the past 3 months?

We were at Fort Wilderness in November and used Walmart's delivery services. They were very good, but did not carry hard alcohol.

This doesn't answer your question directly, but we've used Garden Grocer for many years~ I looked to use them again for our recent trip this past week, and I couldn't justify the prices. Their stock of choices was limited as well. We used Amazon Fresh several times and were very happy. I'd love to stay loyal to them, but it just doesn't make sense.

I used Garden Grocer in November and had no issues. We will arrive Thursday and are using them again. I’ve never used the other delivery services.

no issues

I’ve never used the other delivery services.
Same and I don't like change. :)
This doesn't answer your question directly, but we've used Garden Grocer for many years~ I looked to use them again for our recent trip this past week, and I couldn't justify the prices. Their stock of choices was limited as well. We used Amazon Fresh several times and were very happy. I'd love to stay loyal to them, but it just doesn't make sense.
I am thinking about Amazon Fresh. I have only used them once at home to deliver a certain dressing I wanted. Otherwise, I have never used a delivery service for groceries (with the exception of GG in Orlando).

Anyone used Shipt/Instacart?
I've used Shipt. It's owned by Target. Target purchases aren't marked up. Use then at other stores and your purchases are marked up from store prices.

The Target they use for delivery to WDW sells adult beverages.

Many VISA cards offer a trial membership, some cards a month, others 3 tears

I am thinking about Amazon Fresh. I have only used them once at home to deliver a certain dressing I wanted. Otherwise, I have never used a delivery service for groceries (with the exception of GG in Orlando)
Amazon Fresh is super easy to use! There is a minimum order for free delivery. $35 I think? You just input the address you want it delivered to (your resort, etc.) FIRST~ that will give you the real time options. Add items to your cart, check out to get your delivery time. The only downside is that it is better to accept the delivery yourself. Some resorts will accept the delivery for you, but not sure all will. Amazon will notify you when the order is out for delivery and you can track it in real time. The prices and options are definitely worth it! JMO :)

I've used Instacart for years. At home as well, not just at Disney. Never had a problem having anything delivered to property. Just know that you'll need to meet your delivery if it includes alcohol. We plan to use the pickup option at Publix on our next trip since we are booked with Tiffany Town Car and they include a grocery stop.

I used Garden Grocer in December and had no issues. I have been using them for years and I always choose to have my stuff delivered the day I arrive BEFORE I arrive :) - I will use them again in October.

I am thinking about Amazon Fresh. I have only used them once at home to deliver a certain dressing I wanted. Otherwise, I have never used a delivery service for groceries (with the exception of GG in Orlando).

Amazon Fresh is super easy to use! There is a minimum order for free delivery. $35 I think? You just input the address you want it delivered to (your resort, etc.) FIRST~ that will give you the real time options. Add items to your cart, check out to get your delivery time. The only downside is that it is better to accept the delivery yourself. Some resorts will accept the delivery for you, but not sure all will. Amazon will notify you when the order is out for delivery and you can track it in real time. The prices and options are definitely worth it! JMO :)
Starting Feb 28, Amazon Fresh is raising the minimum purchase to avoid delivery fee. Minimum was $35 , going up to $150.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/1/27/23574752/amazon-fresh-free-grocery-delivery-service-fee

I have used instacart both at home and at wdw. This last trip got a delivery from Publix. And when we discovered DH had not packed enough underwear used them for a walgreens delivery. Just make sure you have your phone handy to approve replacements.

I've used Instacart for years. At home as well, not just at Disney. Never had a problem having anything delivered to property. Just know that you'll need to meet your delivery if it includes alcohol. We plan to use the pickup option at Publix on our next trip since we are booked with Tiffany Town Car and they include a grocery stop.
Quoting you two times in one day! This time I have a question.
Do you know if I need to be present at YC for Instacart delivery, or will they leave it with Bell Services?

Quoting you two times in one day! This time I have a question.
Do you know if I need to be present at YC for Instacart delivery, or will they leave it with Bell Services?
You only need to be present if you include alcohol in your order. IC driver will not be able to leave your groceries with Bell Services if you do because they are required to check and scan your ID. But if you don't order any alcohol they will leave your groceries with Bell Services. There's refrigeration available as well for any perishables. Just note that if you ask Bell Services to bring your items to your room there's a $5 fee added to your folio, though this is hit or miss in my experience. Sometimes I've been charged and sometimes I haven't. Still tip the CM though.

Not a direct answer to your question, but we just placed an order for an upcoming trip, but opted to use another company this time. Garden Grocer was a little less expensive than the service we used, but we skipped them this time due to limitations on water brand and soda selection. Also, we sent them an email inquiry they never responded to, so that spoke volumes to me about customer service.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter